Disc drives won't reconize disc

canusa53

Baseband Member
Built a system a few months back. There has been ongoing issue with both drives. Put a disc in and the system does not recognize a disc at all. I have to eject it and reinsert, then the disc is recognized. At that, I have had trouble burning. They both say an audio track is there and ready to burn. Go to delete this and the system will not delete the "ghost" pending audio burn. Opening the system tree it shows the disc drives have this audio ghost already inserted. Nothing is there.

[FONT=&quot]System Specs[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mother board - ASUS P9X79 Pro[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Processor - Intel Core i7 3820 Quad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cooling - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo heatsink[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Power - Corsair Pro HX750W [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vid card - EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Memory - Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance (CMZ16GX3M4A)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OS - Windows 7 Professional[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HD's – Intel 520 Series 120 GB SSD[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Seagate Barracuda 2 TB [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Windows, core programs, and WarThunder (MMO)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Loaded on Intel; all other material on Seagate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plus 2 disc drives[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Intel SSDSC2CW12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN1[/FONT]

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Finally getting back round to these issues,

These drives, I can and have burned from them/to them. Having returned to this issue today, I just burned 3. However what I failed to mention in my original post........part of the the prob has been that they won;t burn in the correct aspect ratio. Everything is a go (apparently) in all the soft ware settings but the final product is out of ratio. Probably issues are separate but still these drives have given me grief since I built the thing.
Also.....I have to insert a disc (usually) twice before it is recognized. First insert...no....second time the disc is "seen".

The ghost issue I seem to have solved. Windows in now letting me delete the phantoms. In the system tree they show as empty, stand alone drives without any media inserted. However when I open either one, it shows a single audio track from December 1994 that cannot be deleted.

Last edited:
I think you still misunderstand or are not describing your issue properly.

The Intel SSD is a solid state disk. Is has nothing to do with burning or inserting any kind of media. The same goes for the Seagate 2TB HDD. You have those 2 underlined and I think you are talking about movies being burned on to an optical disc via a DVD burner or the sort.

By gum, I did write out the HDD an SDD.........ooops:eek:...I fudged that one for some reason and somehow.

Here....are the specs revised but the issues remain:

[FONT=&quot]System Specs[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mother board - ASUS P9X79 Pro[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Processor - Intel Core i7 3820 Quad[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cooling - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo heatsink[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Power - Corsair Pro HX750W [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vid card - EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Memory - Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance (CMZ16GX3M4A)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OS - Windows 7 Professional[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HD's – Intel 520 Series 120 GB SSD[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Seagate Barracuda 2 TB [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Windows, core programs, and WarThunder (MMO)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Loaded on Intel; all other material on Seagate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plus 2 disc drives[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ASUS DRW-24B1ST cSCSI[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HD-DT-ST BD-RE BH12LS38[/FONT]

1 - Ghost audio track persisent

2- Neither recognize disc when inserted first time (nearly every time but not always), just on second insertion

3 - Neither will burn a DVD but not in proper aspect ratio eg. software set for 16:9 (Windows DVD Burner), vid is 16:9 (created with Movie Maker) but will output at 4:3. Preview shows AOK, even menu on burned DVD is proper ratio but content is not.

As stated before, perhaps related, perhaps not.
What up, plz?

I apologize for the mix up. Yes, I do know the dif tween and what are the HDD and SSD but for some reason it went past me.

CanUSA53

BTW- Tried to burn a downloaded movie with a different software (a few months back) and the result was the same, out of ratio. All seemed okay but those files have been deleted so I can't verify the settings of the software.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom