directx10 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default directx10

When should the relese of directx10 cards should be?

I hear around the time of windows vista but then I also see release dates that it was already supposed to be released. thanks for looking at this topic.

Old 06-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Take a good search on the forums and youll find many threads that have all the info you want in them. Vista will come out sometime Q1 of 2007 DX10 will come much later. Besides speculation thats all any of should be able to tell you.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

So how come microsoft are integrating all this DX10 lark into Vista, if we cant even get the hardware to run it on several months later?

I mean I know its only eyecandy... but it'd be nice to have full functionality when you get it.

Exactly what advantages will DX10 bring anyhoo. And whats with Shader Modeler 4, too? Surely games wont be integrating that for a loooong time.
Asus M2N32-SLi-DLX nForce 590 SLi
Thermaltake Kandalf with Pure Power Station 520W
Primary: WD Raptor 74GB 10k rpm. Secondary: WD 320GB SATA2
Cooling: Swiftech Ultra liquid cooling kit.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

DX10 hardware is scheduled to come out later this year. Q4, I believe. DX10 will be released with Windows Vista. There will probably be a few months after Vista until you start seeing DX10 capable games being released.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Build Guru

DX10 is not scheduled to be released until way after Vista comes out. Please read faqs before posting information.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by P.P. Mguire
DX10 is not scheduled to be released until way after Vista comes out. Please read faqs before posting information.
You should take your own advice. DirectX 10 is embedded into the Windows Vista operating system. The "Aero" display system runs off of DX10. They also added a new DirectX 9.0L for backwards compatibility. DirectX 10 will be released with Vista because Vista practically depends on it. I had heard rumors that DirectX 10 delays are part of the reason that Vista was delayed until January, but not certain.

Also, DirectX 10 will not be released for Windows XP if anyone was curious.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthraX
You should take your own advice. DirectX 10 is embedded into the Windows Vista operating system. The "Aero" display system runs off of DX10. They also added a new DirectX 9.0L for backwards compatibility. DirectX 10 will be released with Vista because Vista practically depends on it. I had heard rumors that DirectX 10 delays are part of the reason that Vista was delayed until January, but not certain.

Also, DirectX 10 will not be released for Windows XP if anyone was curious.
Exuse me are you saying that Vista has DX10 built directly into it, I've tested it for years I would feel stupid if I failed to notice something that large.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 06-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthraX
[B]The "Aero" display system runs off of DX10.
Are you suggesting DX10 is required for "Aero"? because that goes completely against what written on Microsoft webpage

Quote:
Windows Aero requires:

* DirectX 9 class graphics processor that:
o Supports a WDDM Driver.
o Supports Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware.
o Supports 32 bits per pixel.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...footnotes.mspx

Windows Vista was made too take advantage of DX10 but it does not have it as part as the windows and they don’t need to release DX10 with Vista for it too work.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Alright, I apologize. I was wrong. I guess I had read a couple of bad articles, or interpretted them wrong. However, I am almost completely certain DX10 is going to be released along with Windows Vista.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Build Guru

Obviously not. Vist premium (when it is released) will be released w/ DX10 integrated. The first copy of Vista to hit the market will not have DX10 integrated.
EDIT: your thinking of DirectX9d as well.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread