DirectX 10 - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Most DX games are good, as are OpenGL. I have a hard time telling a difference between games that are OpenGL and DX, but that's how most consumers are. They can't tell.

Either way, I can't wait to play Crysis, which is going to be DX9/DX10.

<br><br><font color=\"black\"><b>There's No Place Like </b></font><font color=\"red\"><b></b></font><br>
Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Super Techie

danm alot of **** talk here. Dx and opengl have the same perfomance and graphics. Is all in the developer. Half Life 2 dx, doom 2 opengl. both really good games. weather is made on open gl or dx they are still games. and p.p. maguire all the movies u seen, all the movie, i mean all use opengl for special effects. All workstations videocard FireGL and Quadro uses opengl that what they advertise. They dont advertise dx at all.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
CECS Major
Send a message via MSN to Chase Send a message via Yahoo to Chase

The best thing to do here is wait for DX10 and the future so that one side can prove what they are saying (not that I doubt, but it's the only sure fire way). All of this arguing is doing nothing but sturing up confusion and mixed views and answers. General, P.P., give it a rest, you are both not contributing by arguing and I know that you are not going to convince each other by continuing this anyway, so just be mature about it and walk away from this one.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

I think I like Chase.

I like efd753 more though.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Orayn

DX10 will have a software layer that lets it work with DX9.X cards, they just won't offer all the eye candy that DX10 has to offer.

Closed Thread