DirectX 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSE4 is a kit of instructions that are coded into your CPU, if you can reprogram your CPU it will support SSE4, physically all is possible, but you cant really do it since you dont have the equipment.

Anyway, the cards doesnt come with instructions for DX.... as far as I know anyway...... I've consulted with a couple, way more exprienced people than you, and they all said the same thing.. there will be a patch released shortly after the DX10 release to make the older cards [not VERY old cards, but anything above the nvidia 6600/gt and the x800 for pcie of ATI].

-Jo.

Yoad said:
SSE4 is a kit of instructions that are coded into your CPU, if you can reprogram your CPU it will support SSE4, physically all is possible, but you cant really do it since you dont have the equipment.

Anyway, the cards doesnt come with instructions for DX.... as far as I know anyway...... I've consulted with a couple, way more exprienced people than you, and they all said the same thing.. there will be a patch released shortly after the DX10 release to make the older cards [not VERY old cards, but anything above the nvidia 6600/gt and the x800 for pcie of ATI].

-Jo.

I know what SSE is, that was a retorical question.

You can't "reprogram" a CPU to support instruction sets it didn't support before. There is actualy hardware needed.

I consulted myself, who is way more experienced than you. (**** you, by the way.)

It is not possible

The end.

You are both wrong. When DX10 is released it wil be using a whole new algorithym in Vista so that way there is less paging to the HD. If you have a DX10 card and DX10 installed you will constantly be in D3D mode from desktop to games so that way there is no more crashing between games and desktop when going between the 2. Also, if that is the case you can say good by to OpenGL which was a failure of a product anyways. It was always so buggy and crashy.

i'll say it relies more on the hardware than the software part because they say dx 10 has more bandwith, less relied on the cpu, supports pixil shader 4.0... and let see if a software patch could do all those craps without sacrifice something.

Nobody says DX10 has bandwidth becasue software cant have bandwidth :rolleyes:. Actualy is relies more on the CPU now becasue of Gemotry shaders instead of pixel and verticy shaders. It also supports more than just SM4.0, it will have support for more in the future. And actualy a software patch CAN do all that, its called a DX9 emulator. Older stuff will be emulated in DX9 for older hardware support. Nothing will be renderd in DX9 hardwre ounce DX10 is out because they are dropping support for legacy DX.

P.P. Mguire said:
You are both wrong. When DX10 is released it wil be using a whole new algorithym in Vista so that way there is less paging to the HD. If you have a DX10 card and DX10 installed you will constantly be in D3D mode from desktop to games so that way there is no more crashing between games and desktop when going between the 2. Also, if that is the case you can say good by to OpenGL which was a failure of a product anyways. It was always so buggy and crashy.

I don't even know what to say to you, as this is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

1. How are we both wrong? He says it's just software, I say it's not. I am right.

2. Algorithym? Do you even know what an algorithm is?

3. Less paging to the harddrive? Have you used Vista? 900mb PF usage at idle.

4. Say good bye to OpenGL? LOL. If Microsoft does that they will go out of business due to 2/3 of the gaming industry moving their **** to Mac OS and Linux. Not to mention ALL OF THE MOVIE INDUSTRY.

5. OpenGL was a failure of a product anyway? Firstly, it's not a product. Do you have any idea what you're saying? LOL APPARENTLY NOT. Buggy and crashy? LOL. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY SAID THAT! YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING! LOL!

Hm considering that Vista isnt running on DX10 yet you wouldnt know now would you? DX IS just software. The hardware is MADE to support it.
Yes i do know what algorithim is.
Have you seen any GAMES use OpenGL in the fast few years? No. Why? BEcasue it was buggy as ****. Everytime somebody used OpenGL all ive heard is complaints this and that. And this is coming from somebody who has used OpenGL from its early stages on the Voodoo3. Also, yes it is a product. Something thats made for the regular consumer is a PRODUCT. Have you taken Economics? ITs one of the first things you learn. Also, when your rendering a movie, it is mostly using directdraw, not openGL. If i ever saw a movie using OpenGL it better **** well be good, because it would have the best special effects ever.
Now after that being said, you have to take into consideration that support for OpenGL will not be included in DX10, it will be software emulated. Since we where talking about programs and games anyway, i figured i would add that in there.

AnthraX said:
The Doom3 Engine is OpenGL.

Yep, so is UT2k4 and so will UT2k7.

P.P. Mguire said:
Hm considering that Vista isnt running on DX10 yet you wouldnt know now would you? DX IS just software. The hardware is MADE to support it.

Further proving my point that old video cards can't get "updated" to use it.

Thanks for the info. ;)

P.P. Mguire said:
Yes i do know what algorithim is.

O RLY? What is it?

P.P. Mguire said:
Have you seen any GAMES use OpenGL in the fast few years? No. Why? BEcasue it was buggy as ****.

Hmm, let's see, first we'll start with ALL games from the following consoles:
N64, Game Cube, PS, PS2, PSP, Dreamcast, soon to be PS3 and Nintendo Wii, and some games for Xbox and Xbox 360 (Games like Doom 3)

Computer games: Quake 2, Quake 3, RTCW, WolfET, Quake 4, Doom 3, UT2k4, the list goes on. Here are some in the future: ET: Quake Wars, UT2k7 just to name a couple.

ID Software (That's right, the BEST computer game manufacturer in the world) ONLY uses OpenGL.

P.P. Mguire said:
Everytime somebody used OpenGL all ive heard is complaints this and that. And this is coming from somebody who has used OpenGL from its early stages on the Voodoo3.

Okay? So you heard it from a guy who used it in the dark ages of the Voodoo 3?

Awesome! Lets talk about how great DirectX was back then!

P.P. Mguire said:
Also, yes it is a product. Something thats made for the regular consumer is a PRODUCT.

OpenGL is NOT a product. It does NOT cost money. I can NOT go buy it at a store. It is NOT an object.

P.P. Mguire said:
Have you taken Economics? ITs one of the first things you learn.

Lol, don't talk to me about economics, kid.

P.P. Mguire said:
Also, when your rendering a movie, it is mostly using directdraw, not openGL. If i ever saw a movie using OpenGL it better **** well be good, because it would have the best special effects ever.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie where special effects were rendered using DirectX... Can you list a few for me? Thanks. ;)

P.P. Mguire said:
Now after that being said, you have to take into consideration that support for OpenGL will not be included in DX10, it will be software emulated.

It never has been. DirectX is not some all encompassing power like you make it out to be.

P.P. Mguire said:
Since we where talking about programs and games anyway, i figured i would add that in there.

Add what in here? The fact that not only to OpenGL games have a bigger market share (as in ALL OS's CAN SUPPORT THEM) and DirectX continues to have poorer graphics and poorer performance, OpenGL FTW!

All I have to say about DX10 is that MS had BETTER get their act together, as all these DX games as of yet are terrible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct3D_vs._OpenGL

Read that, then come talk to me about OpenGL, buddy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom