DirectX 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

In Runtime
When will cards have DX10 on them? I am building a rig soon and want to know if i should wait. I dont know that much about DirectX, whats the difference between hardware DX on a vid card and Software DX? For example, if i get a DX9 card what do I do later when DX10 games start comin out? is ther updates that I get for drivers? This is one area Im not real sure of, can someone please explain it without using the word google?

Cards will have DirectX 10 capabilities when it's actually released. It's just a thought right now...

Wait until late '06.

i heard they're doing it when the window vista releases but i could be wrong and i think it wouldn't be out soon because they always push release days on major products.

vista has been pushed back to january now and they're saying it might be out latter than that. so who knows when they'll be out, i think it's a method used by companies to remind people about their products.

im assuming 3 years before DX10 kicks in to 100% usage [games and programs etc], and even then, there will be patchs for the normal cards of nowdays to work with DX 10... its a software not a hardware.

-Jo.

Uhh, stop trying to bash me, you know what I ment.

At least 3 years at the VERY LEAST untill it will be used as DX9 is being used nowdays.

And even then, as far as I know, any ati x800 [and above] and nvidia 6600/gt [and above] will get a patch at some point to support DX10... remember its NOT A HARDWARE! JUST A PROGRAM!! hardware CAN be adjusted to work with a certain program, if a patch is released and I believe it will be not much after the release of the DX10 for the 'native' DX 10 cards.

-Jo.

What?

So you're saying I can just flash my bios or something, and boom my processor will support SSE4 when it comes out?

No, you are incorrect. It's a combination of hardware and software. GPU's need to support DX10 instructions, and firmware updates can't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom