Direct x10 in New Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Aside from the price of most of the higher end cards (such as the 8800 and 8600?) this is a large piece of equipment that I may go out on a limb for. A friend mentioned that the direct x10 won't be in full effect unless i get vista. the exact words are

"cant use that vid card fully for direct x 10 games on xp."

is this true? will i or should i spend yet another 300 dollars on an operating system to recieve the full 'force' of the new graphics card?

actually vista is only like 89 bucks...Im getting xp instead of vista...way too many performance/compatability issues with vista for me as I said in a previosu thread...I can only pray dx10 patch comes for vista

Maybe future games with Dx10 will be only compatible with vista. Getting the 8800 just makes your video card future ready. But I'd stick with XP unless they can fix the vista compatibility issues. The world is too set into XP already.

If that happens, I'm stickin' with my XP. I also heard of a 3rd party creating a DX10 emulator for XP.

I would wait until the games come out before making the purchase to see if you need vista or not if you already have XP. For now you will get better performance with XP.

I would wait until the games come out before making the purchase to see if you need vista or not if you already have XP. For now you will get better performance with XP.

y would u buy another copy of windows xp when u already got a copy??

It is rumored that SP3 for XP will inlcude a Dx10 patch. I dont know for sure tho.

that would be beyond sexy, but i think theyre allready some beta tests in progress for dx10 xp emulators, but theyre having hella problems. there are allready games out that will only run on vista, (halo 2 [i think]) but id wait on a service pack later this year for vista to work out alot of the issues.

Also, the vista drives for alot of video cards are kinda weak compared to their xp counterparts. wait on vista for now i think...especially for gaming purposes. (or atleast until a game you really want thats dx10 only comes out)

Worst case scenario.....you dual boot.

that would be beyond sexy, but i think theyre allready some beta tests in progress for dx10 xp emulators, but theyre having hella problems. there are allready games out that will only run on vista, (halo 2 [i think]) but id wait on a service pack later this year for vista to work out alot of the issues.

Also, the vista drives for alot of video cards are kinda weak compared to their xp counterparts. wait on vista for now i think...especially for gaming purposes. (or atleast until a game you really want thats dx10 only comes out)

Worst case scenario.....you dual boot.

yeah mate, time will tell really. there are a lot of big plans for DX10, but which of them will actually come about is anyones guess. id say stick with xp until something comes out that you really wanna play. by then, there may wel be an xp patch or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom