direct x10??

Status
Not open for further replies.
karpfish24 said:
dx10 will blow, people will fall back on dx 9

The amount of speculation going on here is absurd. Please, don't ramble about something you know nothing about.

this puts me in a very tough situation on buying a new video card.... : ( i bet the dx10 cards will cost gahgahs...and i had planned on SLi'n a 7800GT/GTX...what to do! what to do! I don't think i could buy a new card wo/DX10 if its release was within the next 10 months with the 7900. that would be a waste of $$$. I heard an absurd rumor that MS was ****ed off at Nvidia for being like ultrakicka$$ so they might cut them off from DX10? anyone know anything about this rubbish?

P.P. Mguire you really are going to ditch a 6800gt for a 7800gs? I mean the 7800gs will definitly be better but it seems somewhat pointless for the cash/performace gain ratio. Well nothing is set in stone yet about the 7800gs I dont think, but how much better can it be then the 6800gt, if the rumors are true and its a 16 pipeline card. I'm sticking with my 6800gs, which is substantially crappier then the gt.

They BETTER incorperate some kind of support..overhaul...drivers W/E to make DX10 trickle down through the line at least down to the 7800GTs. I'd hate to seem them only release a single card or two w/ DX10 support for $500+ or some crap. That would make me very unhappy. I do believe i want dx10 quite badly...lol

Yes, Flight Simulator X and Far Cry 2 do indeed look amazing. DX10, or whatever the oficial name is, IS going to be amazing, no doubt.

And stop fretting, you don't need a DX10 card to have Vista or any of Vista's games. That would be stupid...BUT, you won't be able to get DX10 performance from DX9 cards. With a DX9 card, you'll be running at DX9 graphics.

sounds like something I'll learn to live with for a while since I MIGHT scrap up enough money this summer for a 7800GT.

Ryan

Bah, don't worry. The pics of FC2 and FS-X are on DX9 hardware and FSX fansites are recommending DX9 cards to play the game. I came across this one website that was quite knowledgeable about the game, but didn't know crap about computers. They were recommending 3.8GHz Pentium 4s, 2GB RAM, and GeForce 6800s for playability, so yea...Lies, but you get the idea.

P.P. Mguire said:
Im talking about facts from an inside source right here on TF. No speculation here.

I was mainly directing it at karpfish24, but there has been a lot of sourceless speculation on unreleased hardware and directx recently on the forums. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there are a lot of people that are :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom