Direct X10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Hi i was just wondering, before both nvidia and ati (from what i can remember) released Drivers for DX7 Cards to be able to play DX9 games. So if i by a lets say X1950Pro DX9 card, Is there any chance the Ati would Later release drivers to enable to Rener Graphics in DX10 so DX10Games will still be playable.

Thanks, This was just a breif memory of mine weather its true or not i dont no tahts why im asking :p.

Thankls again

No there is no talk or rumors of anything like that happening yet.

Because it would hurt there sales. They want your money and theat means buying a new card. :D

Hmmm so if you want to run Direct X10... It seems you HAVE to buy a DX10 Card. THAT SUCKS SO BADLY.

Dx10 for the next two years will just be some additional effects in games. I'm quite positive that these games will all support dx9 mode, you will just have to miss out on some eye-candy details but the games will still look great if you have a high-end dx9 card and play it at high settings.

Of course you will have to buy a dx10 card to technically run dx10 mode, but the games will run perfectly fine at dx9 until everybody has a dx10 card.

ya, it took a long time for dx9 to becomes common. and some games that were made 6 months ago still support dx8 cards. not many but some.

Call of duty 2 still supports DX7.
Yeh i suppose they will still look great. By a high end DX9 card will a 7900GS/X1950Pro be alrite to play DX10 games like crysis ect ect

Yes, Crysis is being developed for both DX9 and DX10. According to the lead designer, Cevat Yerli; "If you have a high-end DX9 card with an equal level of CPU and memory--basically today's "gamer rig"--you will enjoy Crysis with close-to-D3D10 fidelity. Don't forget that for a long time, we ran the game only on DX9 hardware, even though people thought it was D3D10. You can be sure your high-end gamer rig will satisfy your expectations--but with D3D10, you will surpass them."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom