Different CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blank_Man

Baseband Member
My CPU seems to be running pretty hot and so I wanted to get a better fan for it other than the stock fan (what I'm using now). I have a Core 2 Duo e6600 on an Nvidia nForce 680i motherboard in an Antec P-180 case. I was thinking of getting either:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118223
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118019

I've heard good things about Zalman, but wasn't sure which size would work for me. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'm open to other fans as well, I've just heard good things about zalman, I haven't really looked at Thermaltake or any other companies too much. Thank you.

those are both good fans. personally i love my scythe infinity (similar in performance to the scythe ninja). its pretty big but it gets the job done. 42C idle at a 3.0ghz OC.

Im planning to go with the zalman on my new build because of it being so quiet and good for people OCing

neither of them are terribly quiet, but unless your doing audio work with your computer the noise the make is negligible.

Tuniq Tower is THE best cooler for a C2D but they are hard to find. The best cooler for the money is Arctic Freezer Pro 7. I got one for 25 bucks and it keeps my E6300 under 55 at 3.2ghz on like 1.456 Vcore. If you want a better cooler (which usually you don't need) then get the Tuniq Tower as it is the best, but other than that the Zalman is good, so is the Scythe Ninja. As a matter of a fact just get any cooler since they will all keep an E6600 cool enough.

Still the Best is a Tuniq Tower, don't let anybody tell you the Zalmans are better becuase they aren't.

Thanks a lot for all the responses, I really appreciate it. I'm going to take a look at all of these and do some measurements to see what kind of space I have for this fan. Hopefully I'll decide soon so that I can get it and put it on soon. Do I need to get that arctic silver 5 thermal grease? Does it help a whole lot or is it not really necessary?

hmmmmm, well I would like the fan to be pretty quiet, but I'm not going to worry about a little noise. I just don't want this fan to sound like a wind tunnel next to me. Is the 9500 any quieter? and does it still do a descent job of cooling? I'm not overclocking and I don't really plan to, but if I do it would be minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom