Difference between these two Antec PSUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masta_Gomes

Baseband Member
Now I was wondering what the difference is between these two PSUs, the Antec Smartpower 2 500W and the Antec Truepower 2 480W, why is the Truepower more expensive than the Smartpower?

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference that I can see. All of the rails seem to have pretty comparable suppliable currents. I guess what it comes down to is the BLUE LED in the truepower, haha:D

The truepower is made out of higher quality parts and has a different cooling design. I would go with the truepower.

Thanks, Truepower it is, now why I'm considering these two PSUs, well have a look at these screenshots which occur when I play Knights of the Old Republic II, this happens when the initial starting menu comes up, now I was lucky that my computer didn't restart before i could exit and take a screenshot, usually it just restarts, no BSOD, when this happens the dvd drive makes a like kind of high pitched sound, and it kept happening, and then usually the sounds continues for 2-3 seconds and the computer restarts,this time is just happened occasionally, well here are the screenshots i managed......

Weird Fuzzy screen

Picutre 2

Explaaaaaaaaain, this doesn't occur with my other optical drive by the way.

Does it happen ONLY with that game, and ONLY that drive? Cause that to me looks like it's your video card. Did this always happen or just recently? and what were the settings on the game if it just started happening? did you max them out trying for a better picture? Cause even if that PSU is proprietary, it should handle what you have no problem... IMO but then I don't know how old it is, condition, use, etc...

Ok well, it only happens with this game, except for one or two times if i recall happened with starcraft a little while back, but back then the computer wouldn't restart. Also, it only happens with this one optical drive, I think once it happened with the other, no fuzzy screen on it though, but i don't think it was related, but without fail everytime i play a game with my lg dvd burner drive, the computer restarts, and the fuzzy screen always happens on knights 2, I wasn't trying to max out the settings, i clocked the game on the settings it fuzzy screens on. This hasn't just been recent, but when i first bought the drive it worked fine, back in february, only now in May and June has this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom