Difference between these 9800 GTX+'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therascalking

Devious Techie
hey all,

just wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between these two EVGA 9800 GTX+'s, other than the obvious things like that the heatsink/blowers are different, that one has only one power input, and that one is slightly shorter, etc....

EVGA 512-P3-N879-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+

EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+

i mainly need to know anything about these cards that would affect their performance... things like if one version would overclock better than the other... if one is a newer version with more efficient hardware... if one will keep cooler than the other, etc...

thanks so much for any input guys, i appreciate it... and hopefully ill have one of these in my box soon! :D - RK

The difference is that after they released the original card they said to themselves "Hey, I bet we could make this card go a little faster and sell that too.", so they did. Then they said, "Hey, I bet we could push it ever farther without compromising stability.", and they did. So it's the same card just factory OCed.

Edit: So you could buy the "low end" one and OC it yourself if you so choose. Its a gimmick imo, but you did have a very good question.

The difference is that after they released the original card they said to themselves "Hey, I bet we could make this card go a little faster and sell that too.", so they did. Then they said, "Hey, I bet we could push it ever farther without compromising stability.", and they did. So it's the same card just factory OCed.

yea i noticed that theres about a 2MHz difference in their clock speeds, but it isnt a Superclocked or a SSC model for sure... that would be this one...

so i guess its just a newer hardware version with a few slight improvements?
are these improvements any good tho, i wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom