Didnt hook up my stuff :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
hey guys.. i took my PC in to the local shop here today to get a new power supply in it. I got an Enermax Noisetaker2 600W installed.. but they didnt hook up my fans and lights.. is my PC gonna get too hot??

PS.. i would do it myself if i knew how, but im a PC noOb for the most part

Then go back and complain to them :classic:

At least it looks like they plugged in the CPU heatsink and GPU heatsink cause then it would just fry :D

well just look for the fans connectors, will be a 4 pin (has four pins in it)
then the power supply will have a bunsh of wires coming out of it. find a plug on the PS with for pins and plug them together. then to make sure you plugged them in right just turn on the pc and listen for them.

You're never gonna learn if you dont gets some hands on experience.

EDIT: when i built my first computer ever, i didnt even know a what a gfx card was. :D

everything's gonna be keyed or color coded, yup, experimentation is the best education for this business.

Personally, If I was you i'd take it back and complain. They took the responsibility of upgrading your PC and you paid them for it, they are liable to return the PC in proper working order.

Take it back. Tell them to reconnect the proper fans, lights ETC...
If they refuse... crap on the floor.

Jeezuz! What the heck is wrong with those people?!? What kind of fly-by-night shenanigans run a shop like that?

This is a prime example of why we should all know our own PCs and Rigs. This would be a prime time to initiate yourself into the PC building/upgrading community. Just make sure that you do some research, and never replace the case cover(s) until you have powered on the system, passed the POST (Power On Self Test) and the Operating System has loaded. Not doing so will invoke Murphy's law. Also, don't work inside the case when the power is on or the PSU is plugged in just to be on the safe side.

Jeez, at least go give those boneheads a verbal thrashing, they could have ruined your system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom