Did the Q9550 Just drop $200?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been keeping my eye on the q9450 and asus' P5E X38 as my next upgrade for my main rig sometime between now and Christmas. Was waiting for some price drops, though. Looks like some price drops are coming. But why would the q9550 go down $200 and the q9450 stay the same. You might as well pay the extra $10 for he q9550.

Will there be a q9450 price drop anytime soon?

dang that sucks...now which quad-core am I going to upgrade too? The q6600 seems like the must main stream quad-core but I probably wouldn't see much of a performance difference except in games that support quad-core.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until Q4 2008 to see what will be available. I was hoping for a q9450 at around $200. Hopefully something similar will be available. My e6600 has treated me very well. But after two years, I think it is time to upgrade to a quad-core. My ultimate goal is to get a q9450(or equivalent), asus P5E X38, 2 more gigs of g.skill ddr2-800 HZ's, another HD 4870, and Vista Ultimate by next summer. I hope all that will run Total War: Empires at a decent frame rate. ;)

The q6600 is less than $200, though I don't want it since I wouldn't see much of a performance difference (the q9450's 12mb cache is what I really want...and a speed of 3.6ghz too...I hope).

The mobo is as much as I paid for my p5b deluxe a couple years ago and my ram (the g. skill ddr2-800 HZ's) have gone way down in price since I got my first pair for $330.

i bought my hz's for 220 AUS back in the day. havent really dropped all that much here. kinda discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom