Did the Q9550 Just drop $200?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but like i said...i KNOW this chip oc's good....hate to sell it and get a dud 9550 with a high VID and temps and only a few more mhz...which is a definite possibility as the 9550 i have right here testing in my buddy's rig has a VID of 1.285 or something...
i'll decide tonight, i need to slow down with my impulsive high-dollar computer parts buying frenzy before my wife sees it as a license to buy as many 200 dollar pairs of shoes as she wants....:eek:

Oh decisions decisions! I can easily send it back and have a new one coming soon. I'd just have to incur a restocking fee. However if I RMA it for a broken thermal sensor can I upgrade to the Q9550 or will they just allow a replacement? Like Puddle said my chip isn't bad I guess. But I can't boot up past 3.7Ghz. No matter what I do. Not even for a benchmark. I'm thinking I have a FSB wall around 470.

3.7ghz is really really high for that chip...even on a q6600 that takes some good cooling. just email newegg asking if you rma it if you can just go ahead and pay the difference to upgrade to a Q9550

Yeah it's high but I'm not stable long at all. In fact I was going to lower it to 3.6Ghz to get stable today. Yesterday was my fun day of testing it out. I'm gonna hit up Newegg today or tomorrow depending if their tech is open. Gotta take a look. My 3DMark06 Score only went up a 1000 with my new chip. My Q6600 was clocked at 3.6 and this is at 3.7. Plus I have the 780i now. I'm gonna play the odds and hope I get a good Q9550!

wow, I didn't think you could clock them that high without making your computer get a little to warm for comfort., lol you must have a nice cooling system.

The new Q6600's are just High VID's now (bad batches), so they have as much overclocking headroom as a Phenom.

The earlier G0's used to do around 3.4-3.6 on air.

The new Q6600's are just High VID's now (bad batches), so they have as much overclocking headroom as a Phenom.

The earlier G0's used to do around 3.4-3.6 on air.

Yeah I had a pretty good G0 with a low VID. I was doing 3.6 on air. Using my Tuniq and side fans for get venting. I was stable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom