Did the Q9550 Just drop $200?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
I just purchased the Q9450 last week for $329.99. The Q9550 was over $500. At least I thought it was. Now the Q9550 is only $339.99. $10 more... Plus it has free shipping. So I could of gone up a notch for $3 more? Did the price just drop? That sucks lol. I'm pretty sure one of my thermal sensors is stuck. Is that a good reason to RMA it? Just a thought. What do you think?

EDIT: After a quick google search it looks like it did have a price drop. I still have another day left in my 7 days to get a refund. I think I'm going to send it on back and get myself a Q9550.

Ahh right on. Lucky me I always hit things just at the wrong date. Now I just have to debate if I want to take in the 15% restocking fee.

hey! thats great, should make a nice new quad core, sumthin a bit newer than the q6600, which im guessing is discontinued now.

q6600 is still alive because they have to keep that end of the market open for quad-cores.

and yea, the q9550 has dropped..it's been talked about for months now really lol...i think it would be a good idea to refund the q9450 n by the q9550 because it has a better multi n just an all around better chip

LOL just bend a pin and say it is no good and get your money back. IDK if that work. Anyways ya i would RMA it anyways.

unbelievable...this sucks i waited so long for the price drop and it happens 2 weeks after i HAVE to buy a 9550 for a customer. could have save him (he's a friend) 200 bucks and gotten myself one instead of a 9450. rats. ebay, look out, here comes a "gently used" q9450.

hehe i dont overclock according to my ebay sales. i just "change hardware often" lol.
i dont think i can recover my 330 bucks for it though...im watching a couple on ebay to see what they go for. if i take a 50 dollar hit or so i dont really mind.
the only thing is, i hate to get rid of this awesome overclocking/temp/voltage 9450 and end up with a 9550 with a VID of 1.325 or some crap that runs hot. that, and my mobo may be maxed out (with a quad) at its current fsb of 1740 or whatever...in which case i would only get another 200 mhz. thats $1 for every 4mhz... *cry*
i may just keep my 9450...

eh the q9550 has a .5 higher multy so it shouldn't be worse OC'er. And Q9450 are still going for $280 on microcenter and $330 on newegg...so you should get a decent price for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom