Did I put too much or too little Arctic Silver 5 on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe it. :) Although to be fair they aren't so much worng as just out of date, 5 years ago AS5 was actually considered to be very good.

I am anti-arctic silver because it requires s a curing period which I consider unacceptable. TX-2 is considerably cheaper, requires no curing period, and cools better so it is my paste of choice. MX-2 is another good option that's nearly as good as TX-2 but it's usually a little more expensive.

PJ,

Thanks for the reply! Ok, I suppose you are right. I just finished reading through some of the reviews at the Egg on the Tuniq TX-3 compound. Wow, that is impressive. Some of those guys are getting a 10 degree lower temp! The downside is that nearly across the board, the people are complaining about how extremely difficult it is to apply the stuff [one guy had to roll on with a rolling pin, just like rolling bread dough]!

It is presently on sale for $5.99 [$5.00 rebate], so I am really thinking about getting it.

I found it here: Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-3 Extreme Performance and Exceptional Reliability Thermal Compound

Thanks again!

Soar

This reminds me, I havent reapplied any thermal paste on my CPU since I last built it haha. The heatsink I have is a pain in the *** to remove. Also, I think one of my stupid fan is broken cuz it makes a loud noise when I first bootup my PC, it does go away though after like 5 mins or so or after continuously slapping it since its located in the back next to the PSU. Might need to replace that, not sure what the size of it is haha.

This reminds me, I havent reapplied any thermal paste on my CPU since I last built it haha. The heatsink I have is a pain in the *** to remove. Also, I think one of my stupid fan is broken cuz it makes a loud noise when I first bootup my PC, it does go away though after like 5 mins or so or after continuously slapping it since its located in the back next to the PSU. Might need to replace that, not sure what the size of it is haha.

Considering the importance of having a great CPU heatsink and cooler, perhaps it is time to replace your old heat sink and cooler? How about a Corsair H50 or a CoolMaster 212 plus?

For me personally, I would not even boot my system on a repeated basis if my CPU cooling fan was on the blink.

Are you in the Philippines pinoy3000?
Soar

Considering the importance of having a great CPU heatsink and cooler, perhaps it is time to replace your old heat sink and cooler? How about a Corsair H50 or a CoolMaster 212 plus?

For me personally, I would not even boot my system on a repeated basis if my CPU cooling fan was on the blink.

Are you in the Philippines pinoy3000?
Soar

Hmm... the temperature appears to be around the same as it was 3 years ago with no increase or decrease. I think I should be fine. The fan I am talking about is not the CPU fan but rather just an extra fan located in the back of the case.

And no, I am not in the Philippines. :) I wanna go back though and visit hehe.

Hmm... the temperature appears to be around the same as it was 3 years ago with no increase or decrease. I think I should be fine. The fan I am talking about is not the CPU fan but rather just an extra fan located in the back of the case.

And no, I am not in the Philippines. :) I wanna go back though and visit hehe.

So sorry Pinoy! I misread your post. Sounds as if everything is just fine for you!

Have a great day!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom