Did I make a mistake buying this GTX 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you run Driver Cleaner Pro when you did this?

I'm assuming you did, but you know how the excitement occurs with a new card, I remember doing that when I got the HD 3850

I'm assuming you did, but you know how the excitement occurs with a new card, I remember doing that when I got the HD 3850

I just uninstalled the 8800GTS drivers through Windows XP. I turned off the PC, installed the new card and restarted, and installed the new drivers that I had previously downloaded to my desktop.

maybe I should take it a few steps further and purchase an i7 Mobo, i7 chip and still do the 'step-up' to the GTX 285 (if I can't exchange the card from newegg)

Did you guys know that Driver Cleaner Pro is not freeware anymore?? I just found out a few days ago when i tryed to download it again...

You need DDR3 RAM for Core i7..

If you are selling that e6400 and P5B Deluxe... let me know, because I have a friend who is interested in a Core 2 Duo rig, sadly I can't convince him on AMD D:

You need DDR3 RAM for Core i7..

If you are selling that e6400 and P5B Deluxe... let me know, because I have a friend who is interested in a Core 2 Duo rig, sadly I can't convince him on AMD D:

how much $$ can I get for the e6400 and p5b mobo?

Well... now that there are cheap boards and CPU's that are both faster clock per clock than the e6400 and consume less power and are 45nm, I'd say not that much... but I can't say exactly how much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom