DFI Ultra-D Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2322&p=2 Ultra-D to SLI-D Mod

howevere there is another bit of usefulness...if you put the jumpers to "SLI" mode on the Ultra-D you can then use the bottom slot to put your graphics card in which won't result in a loss of performance...however you will now have ample room to put on water cooling or an aftermarket chipset heatsink... some people at DFI street reported cooler chipset temperatures after moving it to the bottom slot, but I don't know if that's true or not

howevere there is another bit of usefulness...if you put the jumpers to "SLI" mode on the Ultra-D you can then use the bottom slot to put your graphics card in which won't result in a loss of performance...however you will now have ample room to put on water cooling or an aftermarket chipset heatsink... some people at DFI street reported cooler chipset temperatures after moving it to the bottom slot, but I don't know if that's true or not
yeah I ended up doing that since as you probably noticed the 6800GT comes damn close to the chipset fan when it's in the top slot which I wasn't too fond of

BTW did you try putting your aftermarket chipset HSF on the nf4 yet?

yeah I ended up doing that since as you probably noticed the 6800GT comes damn close to the chipset fan when it's in the top slot which I wasn't too fond of

BTW did you try putting your aftermarket chipset HSF on the nf4 yet?
nah I've got mine running in the top slot...can't move it either considering the water cooling tubes are cut to length and whatnot, but I'll be needing my after market heatsink to go on my NF7-S v2 whenever I get another 200gb HD and build up that second machine with an 80gb in it.

The chipset cooling they put on here is adequate enough, plus I was thinking about aiming my 60mm 6000RPM fan at it like I did on the nf3....even keeping that fan at half power gets quite a breeze going.

However, yeah I swear that that card is actually resting on top of that chipset lol...I've got 1.7v going through the chipset though so it frequently hits around 50C and I changed the 'turn fan on full' from default 55C to 50C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom