DFI motherboard dead or dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have the DFI NF4 lanparty. It's been a great board, I've only had a few problems with it up until now. I restarted today and it got stuck at the NF4 logo a few times. It started working but instead of booting windows it would go to a screen that said "Detecting array..." and then it just won't do anything from there. I've tried every logical option, Reseating everything in the case, Resetting the CMOS, Tested a different HDD, Which by the way had the same result. I just have no idea what's wrong with this thing. If anyone has dealt with this board before or has seen that type of error screen please help me out here, I'm baffled.

I can't tell you for sure but it sounds like what my dead mobo did ^^. couple weeks ago a powersurge fried my mobo beyond repair (unknown brand). was doing the same-ish thing. Had to get it replaced.

Thats all I know enough to say it Might be (don't know for sure ^^)
Someone else should know more.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's probably dead, Not that that's a good thought. Well thanks, If anything else has any help for me, I'd appreciate it quite a bit.

Alright, I have a new problem. I got everything to work and it's booting. New problem is everytime it gets to the windows XP start screen, it starts loading it then turns black before everything loads as normal, But instead of loading it, it restarts. Any ideas here anyone? I have no idea what's wrong with this now.

sounds like a ram issue, or overclocked too far. possibly a failing hdd, but due to the previous errors, id have to either say ram, or failing mobo.

if it doesnt work, try updating the bios with a more recent version, or just reflashing the bios with the same version on there.

but yeah, have you tried doing a barebones boot?

Yeah, I've tried barebones. It wasn't OC'd so it's not that. The HDD is fine because I tested another one in there and it does the same crap. My ram is fine because I've run it in another system. I haven't tried anything with the Bios. I also tried googling the debug LEDs and came up with no results and I can't find anything about the bios Beeps either. It's not on DFIs website or in the manual, That would help me the most right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom