DFI Lanparty RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisX

Baseband Member
This is my first post from my new PC :D setting up RAID is something i've never dealt with before, completely new to me.

The BIOS is detecting the HDD in the SATA4 port but not the one in the SATA1 port. My PSU came with a SATA power connecter, so both HDD's are connected through whatever you call that =\

I then have a SATA cable running from HD1 to SATA4 port and a SATA cable from HD2 to SATA1 port.

What did i do wrong? Please tell me i did somethng wrong, I'd rather not have a dead HDD ><
(DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D)

Ok well I dont know how that motherboard works exactly but I have my hard drive on my board in RAID 0. What you have to do is put them in whatever slots have a RAID controller (manual will say) then you usually need to enable RAID mode in the BIOS. Then you can build the array by going into the RAID setup, manual will tell you how to get in there.

could it have something to do with the SATA spread spectrum in BIOS? it's defaulted to Disabled. btw, I can't find any mention of RAID cntrollers, in the manual it speaks of the 4 SATA ports as a whole and says "RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 0+1 ...... NVIDIA RAID allows RAID arrays spanning across Serial ATA and Paralell ATA"

I plan on RAID 0 btw

Hmmm, ok, i set up a RAID0 with my DFI using a guide i found on dfi-street.com. I would show you a link but they are down for maitenance ATM.

The way i set it up was installed the SATA drives in slots 1 & 2, enabled them in the bios, then enabled RAID in the bios, restart, RAID setup appears, chose stripping, then sets it up, restart comp, installed the OS and when it asked for third party RAID drivers, i put the RAID disc that came with my DFI. This is just a brief overview of what i did. I will post the link when dfi-street is back up. Hope this helps. :D

Okay...you have to enter your BIOS.
From the BIOS main menu go to 'Integrated Periffials'.
>From that menu select 'RAID Config' and hit enter.
>From here you want to enabe the RAID.
>Move down the menu and select the drives you installed to enable them.
>F10 to save and exit.
>On reboot you will be shown the RAID controller screen. Hit F10 to enter RAID setup if necessary.
>Select stripe or mirror...whichever you prefer.
>Move your drives over to the array.
>When you are done reboot.
>Boot from Windows.
>Hit F6 at beginning of Windows install.
>When it says there are no disks hit 'S' to specify a device.
>Make sure the RAID floppy is in the drive and select the two files that say required.

That should do it.

thx alot for the help guys, i started the process before i knew u posted that link and heres what happened:

Enabled RAID on BIOS
Configured RAID in BIOS
Proceded to install windows
specified drive or w/e when asked to choose a disk to install to
add the 2 drivers from the floppy drive
proceeded w/ windows
WINDOWS CANNOT FIND ANY HARD DRIVES INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM

:mad: Is there something else i should do? :mad:

note: i had installed windows onto one of the HD previously w/o RAID setup, it should have cleared the HD right? if not could that be the problem?

You have to also enter the RAID setup and configure it there. (See 5th pic down on that dfi web site). Once that is done proceed with Windows install and it should work.

yea i followed all the steps exactly but im prompted to reboot right before the partitioning step bc of no HD found =\

Are you running any other HD's other than the ones in the array? If so you will want to unplug them to avoid any confusion. Also, you may have to go into the BIOS and set the RAID array as the first HDD boot priority. Not boot device priority, but HDD boot priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom