In Runtime
ok so heres the items im looking for:

AMD 64 X2 4400+
western digital wd740gd 74gb raptor 10,000 rpm, sata/150 8mb
Evga 256MB Nvidia GF7800GT SLI
hiper 580W type-R Modular PSU
Windows XP home

im building a GAMING MACHINE, so i may take advantage of SLI

ppl here are strongly against SLI because its a waste of money for very little performance, some of that is true to a certain extent, but u really need a big monitor and good resolution to take advantage of SLI.

im gunna get at least 20" TFT monitor.

so its either

ASUS A8n32/a8n deluxe/ premium

or

DFI lanparty/Ultra-D or watever im not familiar with DFI.

which one is better, ASUS are expensive and DFI is cheaper.

DO both PCI-E lanes running at full 16x in SLI mode with the ASUS A8n32 make any difference.

i may plan to overclock.

Depends on the brand of memory you are going to get

Corsair-->Asus
OCZ or G.Skill or Mushkin-->DFI

i havent decided yet on memory, if i use a DFI and any of those memory like OCZ and Gskill. will it be better than an ASUS and corsair?

a lot of ppl here dont like corsair ram but Asus is built for that ram

on the other hand, OCZ or G.Skill OC better than corsair ram. if u plan on OCing but not an extreme amount, go with the cheaper choice (DFI with OCZ)

ok ok so i wany a gamin comp, and excellent value for money and an opportunity to squeeze performance from my comp by overclocking. a DFI and OCZ are good?

which memory is better performance wise and value wise>

OCZ or G.Skill

G.Skill is the absolute best ram you can get, but OCZ is very close and has a good price vs. performance ratio

i would go with the OCZ, but wuts ur budget on the RAM??

i dont really have a budget, but im building step by step, i have enough money (£430) = ($800) for Case, PSU, mobo,and possibly ram. so G.skill is better than OCZ for Gaming ? id be willing to splash out

all ram is the exact same at default speeds, but in OCing, yes the G.SKill is the best

u have $800 for the case, mobo, ram, and PSU?? wow, that is a high budget, you should be able to get the top of the line stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom