Are DFI boards anygood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezrider

Solid State Member
Hello,

I just returned a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D mobo because I only got it to post around 3 times and it never read my cpu. I never got into bios with it and after trying to get it to fire up for 3 days it was dead. I tried to get some help on DFI Street forum and tried all their stickies and posted a help topic trying to resolve my issues which brings me to my point. Their first page is filled with these same topics. I sent mine back on friday and will try another one, but if I have any problems with it at all, I am going to look at another brand. Any thoughts or suggestions on another board or is anybody happy with their DFI board.

Not trying to start a flame war, just want my new build running good.

LOLERS at the topic, they are only the best brand board for AMD. Anyhow, i dont think anybody here has really had a problem like that. A simple bios flash would probably work.

Alot of people use them and recommend them, and for what it's worth, my initial impression of it was one of high quality, the bios is very extensive, the sheer number of options overwhelmed me.

though, like you, I did have problems, I went through the same paces you did, spent 3 days getting recommendations, trying anything thinkable, but it just didn't want to work with me, I ended up switching it out with an Asus A8N32 SLI and had no problems at all.

DFI is NOT a plug and play motherboard, and I just didn't find it worth all that effort, of course, there are those that have had no problems with them, it just goes to show, what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

Plugged mine in and off she went, but then again I do pretty much know what I'm doing. Not that it really takes any know how to install these boards.

Sure, there are a TON of BIOS options, primarily in the RAM, but for the most part there isn't anything you should need to do aside from a BIOS flash for the dual core CPUs.

They are great boards.

Yeah, I love mines :) Too many tweaking options for my liking lol. I still havent been in some places of my bios :D

first thing I did when I booted up my system with this board was to go through every BIOS option :D

first thing I did when I booted up my system with this board was to go through every BIOS option

me too :D

of course there are going to be faulty boards just as there are with any manufacturer. the fact that you saw a lot of othe people on the forum with problems is not surprising.......seeing as people who have everything working properly don't tend to ask for help. therefore looking at a forum the majority of cases are actually a minority of users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom