DFI or ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFI, ASUS, MSI are not only the most popular but they are the best motherboards available to BYO.

DFI is well known for it's overclocking features and abilities, so if that's your interest, go with DFI, it's the best in that category.

ASUS & MSI would be a fine choice for OCin' too, but if you're not interested in ocin' those 2 will suite you more then fine.

Honorable Mentions:

Gigabyte
Abit
ECS

The An8-Sli board from Abit is total crap.

If you are Ocing, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, get ANY Abit board that has the OC Guru chipset installed in your board.

The only other brand I used was ASUS, and I LOVED the board.

As for the people who do not listen to be and went and got yourself a Abit Fata]1ty board, the first thing you do is UPDATE the BIOS. The computer CRASHES and Restarts, RANDOMLY. The problem was fixed, for some reason it happens again, and this time some blue screen shows up for about 2 seconds right before the restart, something about driver issues.

ya i had a problem with that board and im getting a new Asus sli board for 120 on new egg. i didn't have the problems that Rockyz had i had the annoying beeping noise that would never go away cuz god knows what and the fans in the back would never spin so my advise right now is get asus heard nothing but good things and **** abit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom