Develop motherboard

vitalbrovar

Solid State Member
Hello!
I want to create my own motherboard. I want to develop a circuit board, but I do not know how the elements function. I want to create a motherboard from elements of other motherboards.
This should be a motherboard into which you can insert 100 processors, 1000 memory cards and much more. This board should combine the motherboards that I have into one. I have a lot of non-working motherboards. And I can buy more.
I have a problem. I do not know how the elements function. I could not find the documentation on the RAM, processor and other devices. I need documentation "how to connect the processor and RAM type DDR-4". I think this information is secret. I have seen many online stores offering to buy such documentation (for computer repairmen), but I did not buy it. I'm afraid to get on scammers. I have not seen paper books that describe "how to connect the processor and RAM ddr-4."
I want to find people who dream of creating their own motherboard. I want to find documentation with these people and develop a motherboard.
I came to your forum, because on the Russian and Ukrainian forums this is considered unreal.
I ask you to tell me where I can find the documentation.

Why is unreal? What exactly is not real? I want to take the motherboard circuits of popular manufacturers as a base.
I'm interested in questions
1. How much maximum can I put RAM memory cards on one Intel 9 processor?
2. Can I update the software of the chips that connect the processor and memory? I need this to make more memory cards.
3. Where can I find complete documentation on RAM DDR-4?

Consumer Intel chips will not communicate past a single chip, Xeons are limited to 8. If you want vector you need to use an architecture that supports it.

I know that in ProLiant DL980 there are 8 processors, but I did not know that this is the maximum. But maybe these processors can be combined with PIC and AVR microcontrollers?

The limit is due to the QPI interface built into the processor. A PIC is for peripheral controllers, and AVR boards are 8bit made to handle small tasks. You need a highly scalable architecture capable of that many processors to design your board around.

What architecture should I choose?
I am ready to buy a lot of non-working motherboards. I will buy boards with the most appropriate architecture.
What is architecture? In my understanding, this is "8/16/32/64 /.../n". What is architecture in your understanding? What does it mean "highly scalable architecture"?
How to connect the processor and RAM? And a processor with a processor. Please give the electrical circuit and documentation.

That information is not readily available unless the setup is open source. Anything claiming otherwise is a scam. You can look at open source motherboard schematics to get a foundation on how it all works. Power CPUs work with open source setups.

The architecture being x86-64, Power, ARM, etc. How the processors communicate with each other, peripherals, AICs, RAM, etc is all something you will need to fully understand before even attempting something like this.

Highly scalable means scaling up in core or processor count while maintaining communication with each other. You should look into the Power9 and Power10 Scale Up processors. I think Power9 SU is limited to 16 CPUs.

I do not know how the chip tests the RAM. There are marked "memcklH 0", "memcklL 0", "memcklH 1", "memcklL 1". What does "memckl" mean?
Chip NB connected memory channels of RAM. Maybe 2 ports on one channel (the inscription "Memory runs in Dual Channel").
Do I need to have my own NB to insert 1000 memory cards?
Is "memckl" the channel?
In the image below it is not indicated. But channels are indicated here.

Attachments

• de5ec91c2228d0183ae33ad4ad5c653d.jpg
    de5ec91c2228d0183ae33ad4ad5c653d.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
1. That is a diagram of a very old Intel chipset outline. The northbridge has been integrated for about a decade now.

2. They are referring to the DIMM slots, 4 of them that run in dual channel mode. Channel A and channel B.

3. You can't just add 1000 sticks of RAM to a motherboard or processor. The processors themselves have limitations to how much capacity of RAM they can handle and DIMM limitations based on the number of channels associated with each chip.

Back
Top Bottom