dell xps gen 2 notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
anyone have it. i'm really thinking about getting it. i think its like 2200 dollars. anyone have other gaming notebooks that they would recommend.

yep. go to xtremenotebooks.com. they actuall manufacture alienware laptops, so you're getting the same machine just without the name and all the fancy colors. you can customize your notebook and even have Athlon's X2 processor installed which you can't do with a Dell ;)

do you really wants a labtop? for that price you can get a extreme kick *** desktop.

KyleInterra said:
Dell may suck with Desktops but they make some pretty good laptops.

The hardware might be decent, but you would have to do a clean intall of windows so the preinstalled **** doesn't hog all the resources and lag your machine.

while laptops are generally more difficult to upgrade, you have to admit the portability makes things extremely convenient. my fav game is Halo PC and it's cool to be able to easily take it anywhere and play full screen against 15 other people in a few dozen rounds of multiplayer mayhem ;) I'm also one of those who likes to mod and reshape the game and the ability to take my laptop anywhere to show people just what the power of hex editing can do to a game is just freakin' sweet. But ultimately i think it just depends on the person and the purpose. If you're never gonna take it out of the house, why get a laptop when (as wxt38 said) you can get a kickass desktop a heck of a lot cheaper than a laptop. Plus you'll always be able to upgrade it in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom