Dell Pc's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridlyn said:
The only time you ever would need to buy from dell is if your buying a relativiely cheap computer like $500 or less. Usually anything above that they start to rip you off.

Not all Dell parts are propiatary, for the one i have, it's ONLY the CPU and mobo. They both have to be together for it to work. That's it. My friends dimension 4500 or soemthing like that. He swapped OUT everything when he learned how to do this stuff.

New Case Some cheap case
New RAM 1gb corsiar value select
New Video Card geforce 6600
New HDD 120gb IDE

Although he didnt spent much he made a computer that cant even play cod 1 into a pc that can play cod 2 with med graphics.

Even I did some upgrading to my dell(bought it before i knew you could build them). Put 2gb of ram in it, another hdd, modded the side to put a fan on, put in a pci slot fan, mx440 to a geforce 6800 w/ vf700-cu, im thinking of buying a 7800gs, new case and psu.

i believe their PSUs are also proprietary, and the case (but then again all prebuilding companies cases are, lol)

I hated when you couldnt use dell psu's or motherboards with others. Or when there was a agp slot missing and you couldnt buy a decent video card. Or when the bios had to be upgraded to even support a pci video card but there was none. My favorite was when you would transfer some parts from your old dell to your new computer the parts were either total crap or werent compatible. The #1 is how much you/ your parents got ripped off by incompatiblity issues or really old and slow technology. I dont know, me just venting.....

Put simply, Dell PCs are built to appear to have impressive performance statistics for the least amount of money, until the warranty runs out.

all i know is my friend had an inspiron 2200 (POS!!!) and he called dell like 20 times and they tried to fix it over and over again because it stuttered. They gave up and sent him a "replacement".....

INSPIRON 6400 Core Duo worth $1250! His laptop was a pieeece and they just traded it straight up for a refurbished 6400 lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom