Dell PC for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

Baseband Member
I am looking to buy a new PC. I have had my current PC about 4 years and it is starting to show a little age - espically now that I bought BF2 ;)

I am looking at the following Dell PC - XPS 600
Pentium Extereme Edition Dual Core w/HT Tech (3.2 GHZ, 800FSB)
2 GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz-2DIMMS
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive (7200RPM) (I will take the 200GB out of my current PC and add it to this one)
Single Drive 16X CD/DVD burner w/double layer write capability (I'll take the drive out of my current PC to make this one dual)
Dual 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX with SLI Technology
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Card

No Monitior as I will use my current 20" CRT

The price is about $3,500

Any thoughts? I am looking for a top of the line machine to get another good 4 years out of. I like Dell because they offer no interest financing until Jan 2007. If there are other systems or manufactures out there that you recomend please let me know.

Thanks! :p

thats actually a good pc.. nothing wrong with it, cept that its dell. Ul have problems upgrading later on, and itl cost you much less to build it yourself buying parts separately on newegg.com or sumthing

I would be open to building my own. However I have never done it. I have put new HDs, Video Cards and disk drives in my current Pc but I do not know if I have the expertise to build from scratch. I wouldn't know what mother board to order, case, power supply, brand of memory, etc to make sure that I am getting a top of the line system.

Well, everyone is going to say stay away from Dell, but that system would perform very well.

It is true you can do better building one yourself, but I understand not everyone is up for that, and I understand the financing aspect. For $3,500 you could have a complete beast :D

But, I am sure you would find building rather easy if you looked into it a bit, and there are plenty of people here that would help you get all the parts you needed.

Once again, it is up to you, and what ever everyone else say's, that Dell would perform well.

That Dell is a HUGE rip off! Don't waste your money like that.

Building your own is always the cheapest but if you don't want to be bothered you can have ibuypower or cyberpowerinc. build if for you and it would still be cheaper than the Dell.

Building your own is acually quite simple. There are many step by step guides on the net that will tell you exacly what to do. If your worried about choosing the right parts, the people on this forum can help you alot with that.

hey man, i build my first one when i was 13, and its the one in my sig so you think its hard, its not hard at all, but i had a problem starting it up lol. if you have a problem just post it here and many people would be glad to help you

i have a compuer that my friend build based on some spec that nubuis and Alex81388 reccomende for someone here
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43836&perpage=15&pagenumber=2
coast was about $1800 i bet you can get it for cheaper now..and its great i have been using it for gaming i would say check it out..
you will save some series mony or even get a better one..
recently i got the need for a work station to do work for my final graduation project,becouse with some peopel from cgcommunity.com i am going to rebuild the lord of the ring city with high poly ,my choice was boxx but after some thinking i decided to build onther one with the help of memmebr here...they are realy helpfull(although they make fun of newbie Q )but you get the best help ever i would realy say build your own with the help of peopel here...
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom