dell dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironphil

Solid State Member
i have a dell dimension 3000 and i dont know how to take the tower appart i can only see stud type things on the back of the pc

anyone know?

um the pice that comes off is a left half and the top on the dells I have taken apart. I also think it pops loose on the top and bottom in the front.

lancec2c30 said:
um the pice that comes off is a left half and the top on the dells I have taken apart. I also think it pops loose on the top and bottom in the front.

Thats been my experience too. I hav a 8200 and the release is on top and bottom. Based on the manual.......I guess 3000's are different!:question:

lancec2c30 said:
huh ya I guess the cheaper the model the harder they are to work with LOL.

I guess!:)

Dell's 3000

Pros
Includes 17" CRT Monitor
Uses Faster PC3200 DDR
Cons
No AGP/PCI-E Expansion Slot
Lacks FireWire Ports
CD Burning Software Extra

I don't know why anyone would buy one except for a low price business machine. I can also understand not have $$ to spend but no AGP slot....:confused:...and you expect to play games??? Sure, there are PCI cards but you'll be limited. New a 3000 cost $400-$550. Heck, I would have sold my 8200 for less than that and it has a 9800pro, plus the Gig of RDRAM alone would have been worth the price.

If you can return the 3000 then do it. You can get you a better rig on eBay for a lot less........just a thought!

well better yet retunr it and if you are really adventures, build your own. I did, with maybe 3 hrs of research and it fired up and ran on the first try. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom