Decisions, Decisions, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
Hi, i'm planning on building a new computer over the summer in order to take it to college with me. But i'm having some trouble choosing some stuff, and i'm asking for some help :(

I planned out what i wanted for most of my computer parts. The only two remaining question is which video card and which CPU?

Videocard wise, there's one that I was looking at, which was the signature series evga 7900gt.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130018
It's supposedly as fast as 7900gtx with cheaper cost and factory tested overclocked so I was looking at that. Tt's around $360. My question is due to the new 7950 series, will the price of the 7900 fall soon? or will it still be the same until some 8000 series comes out? If I could save some money by buying it later in the summer, I could definitely do that. If it doesn't drop in price, then i'd definitely go for the video card up top. It's a limited edition, so I don't want to miss out on it.

Now, for the cpu, I know I want to wait for the conroe 6600. But after reading the article from anandtech, it seems like it would be almost impossible for me to get one in my hand on the date of release, so would it be worth it for me to wait for it to come out if i can't get one? or should i just get a athlon 64 x2 4000 (AM2 socket)

thanks in advance.

prices are always droping.
Just buy watever it is and dont wait... and dont look back later to see wat the price is... it really gets u upset to see it cheaper or outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom