Deciding on RAM for mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfHearts

Baseband Member
Here is my mobo:
My Mobo

Is DDR 400 PC3200 the fastest RAM that this mobo will accept? I am just trying to understand the compatiblity of mobo's and ram. I am new to this stuff.

Also, I currently have 2 sticks of this RAM:
My RAM

Can I buy any other RAM that is also 512 DDR 400 PC3200? Can I put in faster RAM? Can I put in 2 stick of 1 Gig DDR PC3200? What is a great name in RAM, is Mushkin good? Should I stick with them or upgrade my next RAM purchase to something else?

Just trying to learn about this stuff, thanks for the input.

-KOH

you can put faster rated ram then DDR400, and you can also add as much as 4GB of ram. you can buy another stick of that mushkin ram for 3 sticks of 512 but then it wont work in dual channel mode. OCZ, crucial?, G.SKill, and corsair(sometimes) are good ram companies. mushkin, i have no expedrience with them so dont ask me about then. you can mix and match basically any ram together, but it will work at the slowest speed. if you mix 2 pc3200 and 2 pc2100, all 4 of them will work at pc2100, which is ujst a waste for the pc3200.

ok if ur not overclocking then any kinda ram will do. just get ddr400 and as much as u want. like 1 gig or maybe like 1.5gb. i suggest corsair value select and i think many will agree. but muchkin is pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom