Decent choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higach

In Runtime
I know its not much, but for christmas I got a $200 gift certificate to Newegg, and I have been thinking on what to get.

Was debating several small things vs 8800GT to upgrade my 7950gt, but I think I decided the small things. ( only gaming I do is MMOs, with my eyes on warhammer) Also, I may think about getting an 8800GT or 9series at the end of summer after i've made some more cash.

What do you guys think of this.
Newegg.com - Logitech G11 Silver & Black 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Standard Gaming Keyboard - Retail
Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical 1600 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail
Newegg.com - ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail
Newegg.com - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
Newegg.com - APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail
Newegg.com - VANTEC SP-FC70-BL 70mm PCI Slot Case Cooler - Retail
Total with shipping: $186, so Id have $14 off whatever for later.

I currently have a generic emachines keybaord, logitech mx310 mouse, stock CPU cooling, stock case fans, and the reason I decided with the PCI fan is because my 7950gt runs pretty hot, so it should cool it down being under it.

Are these ok choices? was thinking about getting another 2x1GB G.skill ram for 45 bucks and paying like 30 bucks from pocket but I dont think I will gain much going from 2gb to 4gb.

What do you guys think?

I may think about getting an 8800GT or 9series at the end of summer after i've made some more cash.
That may answer your question, Vern.

do yourself a favor and test out a gaming mouse before you buy one
because i HATE the feel of razer mouses id take my MX518 over the highest model razer any day just because the razer is so uncomfortable to me

You can always return it. I hate using any other mouse besides my Razer.

It all boils down to how you use a mouse. i use my fingers and wrist, not my arm, to move it, so the Razer is perfect.

Oh I already know what the mx518 is like, my brother has one I just havent ever gotten around to getting one. :p

Oh I already know what the mx518 is like, my brother has one I just havent ever gotten around to getting one.

So the choice is settled. :p

I see you play BF2. What's your BF2 handle? Do you play Inf only or vehicles? Do you have a clan?

I'm just saying he should just dive into this now, i mean hd3850's are super cheap, and perform really well considering their price...
He can buy ME one... ;) Meh, a 7950 is nothing to sneeze at, and would last for a little while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom