Dead MoBo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
I have a computer i built for my lil bro a while ago almost a year ago, and he started having issues whenever he had to restart his PC, it would post. Also sometimes he couldn't turn it on at all, and either it would freeze up at the memory test screen or the mobo logo screen or it would get a BSOD. So he brought it to me to see if i could fix it.

I reset the CMOS, reset the bios, checked the CPU fans, and the GPU. The PSU seems to be working fine, and the GPU doesnt seem like the problem.

I couldn't get his OS to boot form disk cuz the keyboard wasn't registering unless i let it boot all the way to windows and even then sometimes it didn't. So i hooked up his HDD to my PC and was able to boot form CD an load new version of windows, and everything as working fine. But when i put it back in his case it wouldn't load windows and gave me an error when trying to post.

So i came to the conclusion that his mobo is faulty and we should order him a new one, his old GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L is discontinued but a similar version is out. Any input into what the issue might be if you think it isn't the MoBo?

Haha, this is pretty much identical to what is happening to me as of now. Except I ran into all your issues, but I can't even get to the post screen anymore, it just flat out outputs nothing but a black screen.

Pretty sure it's a motherboard failure.

yea i just tried to look at it tonight and it will only show me a black screen, but if i give it 20-30 mins of it begin plugged in but turned off i can sometimes get a good load. Glad to see this isnt just me this is happening to, what MoBo did you have?

ASUS M2A-VM AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX.

I actually blame myself though. It's a very low end board and not made for overclocking. I'm pretty sure I destroyed it just out of my own greed to squeeze out slightly more performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom