DDR3 Worth it anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Yet again...I'm killing myself over getting either the gigabyte P-35C-DS3R or the regular one without the C in it. Is 30 bucks worth it for DDR3? I'm not even sure anymore...will the prices of DDR3 ever come down to reasonable levels? ( below 150 for 2 gigs ) in the next 3-4 years? Heck is the performance increase even worth it since my mobo will be old by that time as well as the future penryn processor it supports...I just don't know anymore...

Does anyone have a link showing that the C version is inferior and has problems due to its DDR3 support?

One word: No
Reason: DDR3 now is still new. If you buy hardware now, you are going to be hardware limited in the future. The specification will change so that DDR3 runs better and it's best to what for prices to fall LATER and then buy in.

One word: No
Reason: DDR3 now is still new. If you buy hardware now, you are going to be hardware limited in the future. The specification will change so that DDR3 runs better and it's best to what for prices to fall LATER and then buy in.

I mean I'm not going to get DDR3 now, I already have DDR2. I'm asking if I get a DDR capable board, will it be worth it to pay the extra 30 bucks now and upgrade to DDR3 2-3 years from now if it gets better and cheaper?

DDR3 will be better and cheaper, your hardware won't.

ah...I guess your right...so many decisions so little time to figure them out. I guess the 30 bucks I will save will help soften the price hit ill take with the WD Raptor...

i'd recommend against the raptor...

many would, the bottom line is, I got the money to spare ( paying 240 for a WD 150 and seagate instead of 160 for 2 seagates raided 0 ) because I can't really afford the time to learn RAID 0 and don't really want to deal with any of the risks involved with RAID 0. Not to mention I apparently need a floppy drive or some crap for windows xp...I just don't have enough time to figure this stuff out, I already had to devote a LARGE amount of time in computer product research before I ordered the parts, how to build a system, and finally how to overclock.

RAID takes like 20 minutes to learn, just read about it, its easy as ****.
even if you dont want to take the risk of RAID, i still dont think a Raptor is worth it, looking at your sig, your rig will be more then fat enough that a raptor is useless for you

RAID takes like 20 minutes to learn, just read about it, its easy as ****.
even if you dont want to take the risk of RAID, i still dont think a Raptor is worth it, looking at your sig, your rig will be more then fat enough that a raptor is useless for you

lol Gabb's system is fat!!! lmao... but why blow the extra cash on a 150gb raptor, get one 36gb save urself 150$ (i usually recommend raid but u don't want it) and get another giant hd to store ur other stuff, use the 36gb as prime storing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom