DDR3 reaches 2,032MHz!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see a quick adoption to DDR3 at this point. The numbers I've seen aren't very impressive, might be due to young chipsets, "P35 chipset", but non- the less the cost of DDR3 will be pretty high.

Not to mention that DDR2 is drastically coming down in price.

i agree.

i'll stick with my c2d and ddr2 for a year or so, i might pick up a quad core when they drop in price and probably a new dx10 card.

im not going to change from ddr2 until i see some real impressive data showing performance increases worthy of upgrading (sic. rebuilding) an entire system.

thats old now, when is ddr4 ram coming out lol:D

after 1 day its old in the technology world.
there are a few graphics cards that use DDR4, but don't expect it in system memory for at the very least a year or two (and that's being optimistic), if at all

Rambus is having another go at fast memory, called XDR. I'm not sure how it compares to DDR3 or DDR4 at this point though.

He wants ram that has a faster clock than his computer...:)

Which...i think...is starting to get rediculous...the only reason people will even need ram this fast is for extreme OCing or benching. For gaming and practical use i dont see the benefits of having anything faster then DDR2 1000....anything faster then that, would you really be able to tell a difference in the way your computer operates, other then the numbers on paper or in benchies? no....

I agree with you, hmammen. I don't think theres a significant, increase in performance, when gaming. What he should want, for more gaming performance, is just a faster graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom