DDR3 2000. I've read a lot about DDR3, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DDR3 2000. I've read a lot about DDR3, but can't seem to find what I'm looking fo

I wonder how well the G.skill perfect storm sets overclock. I really wish i still had a job right now :(

Re: DDR3 2000. I've read a lot about DDR3, but can't seem to find what I'm looking fo

(Sorry to hijack)
I think i made the right choice. I could have gotten a GTX285, but i got GTX260+ SLI. It was the exact same price.

Pfft. Dude. You're going from a P4, 512MB of RAM and onboard video to a Core i7 w/ DDR3-1600, and 2x GTX260's in SLI.

Are you freaking kidding me?

That's like going from driving a Smart Car to traveling at the speed of light.

How do ya mean way better? The Dom GT's run @ 7-8-7-20. That link isn't loading for me, not sure what the deal be. But if I remember right don't those Perfect Storms come @ 7-7-7-24(ish) or something? I wonder how much tighter they can run @2000? I don't know dude, it would be a toss up for me.

Man oh man oh man. I could stare at those things alllllllllll day.

Ohhhhhhhhhh someday.

EDIT- Woa dude. The OCZ Blade series and the Perfect Storms that are shipping now both use the same IC's as the Dominators. Looks like the blade series might be the best bang for the buck.

I read an article that showed 1600 at cas 7 vs. 2000 at cas 9 was nearly identicle in performance, the 2000 was marginally better... but they were practically the same overclocked.. seems like its not worth the money unless you are going to get some cas 7 2000...

Something about those g.skills just look promising. Gskill have never let my down, all of the decent sets iv'e had always overclock awesomely. Gskill really is Great skill in the memory world.

I read an article that showed 1600 at cas 7 vs. 2000 at cas 9 was nearly identicle in performance, the 2000 was marginally better... but they were practically the same overclocked.. seems like its not worth the money unless you are going to get some cas 7 2000...

Would ya mind posting that article?

How do ya mean way better? The Dom GT's run @ 7-8-7-20. That link isn't loading for me, not sure what the deal be. But if I remember right don't those Perfect Storms come @ 7-7-7-24(ish) or something? I wonder how much tighter they can run @2000? I don't know dude, it would be a toss up for me.

Man oh man oh man. I could stare at those things alllllllllll day.

Ohhhhhhhhhh someday.

EDIT- Woa dude. The OCZ Blade series and the Perfect Storms that are shipping now both use the same IC's as the Dominators. Looks like the blade series might be the best bang for the buck.

the dom gt's are 8-8-8-24 according to newegg and the g.skill perfect storms are 7-8-7-20

the dom gt's are 8-8-8-24 according to newegg and the g.skill perfect storms are 7-8-7-20

That's odd, the pictures in the forum post that was posted in this thread show the label on them as the same as Perfect Storms. Either way, the Dom's can run @ the same. I think you're good to go no matter which one you get haha. I can't imagine, that's so crazy. I'd love to see DDR3-2000 7-7-7-20. I wonder how far they can push DDR3, or if they're already at it's limit because of the 1.65v cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom