DDR2 800 or 1066?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like its more a question of brand than speed. I had been looking at the Corsair dual channel TwinX memory, but now I'll have to reconsider (as nobody seems to be hooting about Corsair).

Thanks to all!

i hoot all day about corsair xms2c4.
i'm tellin ya, they will overclock just as good if not better than HZ (i have both) and they currently cost less...as a matter of fact, after the MIR (corsair will honor their MIR) they cost FIFTY bucks less, thats 80 dollars for 2gb. dang.
i'm tellin ya, corsair makes good ram..regardless of what you hear from people who dont have it.

My XMS2 C5s, won't overclock one bit, beyond 800MHz. But I believe you nagasama, that the C4s, are way better.

My XMS2 C5s, won't overclock one bit, beyond 800MHz. But I believe you nagasama, that the C4s, are way better.

yeah, could be luck of the draw, too ya know? sometimes you get a lemon.
but i have never had any problem running my xms2 at 1050 or so, and have run them even higher.
i can hardly make my lemon lol HZ boot past 950. but i can run it at 3-3-3-9 1T under about 730, and that is mucho rapido.

nagasama said:
yeah, could be luck of the draw, too ya know? sometimes you get a lemon.
but i have never had any problem running my xms2 at 1050 or so, and have run them even higher.
i can hardly make my lemon lol HZ boot past 950. but i can run it at 3-3-3-9 1T under about 730, and that is mucho rapido.

Is that better than running it at 1200/5-5-5-12-2T?

depends. not in super pi...it likes raw speed, latency not so important. . when i run benches i usually go for mhz vs latency. in everyday use i run low latency, plus the command rate is 1T, and that definitely makes a BIG difference. i like it because it will do it undervolted. less heat the better...my sli puts out enough heat.
real life applications, they would be pretty close speed-wise. theres some formula, but i cant remember what it is.

i really dont notice a difference when gaming. if you are using an amd machine, im going to say that low latency will almost always be better than high speed.
intel, i dunno....seems like speed is more important to them (from what i read...i dont let intel in my house lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom