CyberPowerPC Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickJ4mes

Solid State Member
I've been messing around with some custom-build PC sites for quite some time, and CyberPowerPC is my favorite. I'm looking for a good PC gaming rig around $2000 for everything, (monitor, headset, mouse, etc.) I whipped this up quickly and it came out to $2200 which is more than i would have liked.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1CK2AE

I know you guys are going to try and persuade me to build my own, but i'm not really interested in doing that at this point and i'm posting this more for suggestions regarding choices in my configuration where i could save money, upgrade, etc. I'm not a genius about computers in any sense so I figured you guys could help me on building a good PC gaming rig :smile:

since you knew it was comming here it is:

you can build a much better computer for cheaper... if you can put a walmart book shelf together, you can build a computer.

Cyberpower and ibuypower very competitive with building, so you need to slow your roll and actually price things out before you post up miss-info.

Now, They're screwing you as that system doesn't need 850W psu.
I don't know mobo and ram, so I can't save you there.

What games are you running? The 470 is good, but pricey.

Okay just priced out your build, almost exactly, and its 2125, plus 30 bucks in misc cables and OC and wiring, on newegg.

Also free shipping on cyyberpower and 5% off over $1000.

Things I seen that is qustionable and can save...
You really need a $160 headset?
You can ditch a few misc cables(power bar, hdmi -> 2dvi) , and the 2nd dvd burner.

Core i7 930 - Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601930 - $290

Noctua Cooler - Newegg.com - Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - $75

GIGABYTE Mobo - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - $290

DDR3 1600 RAM - Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C7D G - $260

Corsair 1000w PSU - Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - $230

GPU (x2) - Newegg.com - XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity - $590

HDD Main - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $55

HDD Secondary - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB 5400 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $70

Monitor - Newegg.com - ASUS VW195T-P Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000 :1 ASCR Built-in Speakers - $120

Keyboard - Newegg.com - RAZER Lycosa Black USB Wired Game Keyboard - $75

Mouse - Newegg.com - RAZER DeathAdder Precision Optical Gaming Mouse - 3.5G Infrared Sensor - $60

Headset - Newegg.com - TRITTON AX 180 3.5mm/ USB Circumaural Universal Gaming Headset - $75

Total - $2200 before shipping.

EDIT: Just realized I forgot a case, and DVD burner/drive. Gosh. :p

I've been messing around with some custom-build PC sites for quite some time, and CyberPowerPC is my favorite. I'm looking for a good PC gaming rig around $2000 for everything, (monitor, headset, mouse, etc.) I whipped this up quickly and it came out to $2200 which is more than i would have liked.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1CK2AE

I know you guys are going to try and persuade me to build my own, but i'm not really interested in doing that at this point and i'm posting this more for suggestions regarding choices in my configuration where i could save money, upgrade, etc. I'm not a genius about computers in any sense so I figured you guys could help me on building a good PC gaming rig :smile:

change the ram to "corsair or major brand", saves $69.

change the psu to "thermaltake toughpower xt 675w", saves $25.

ditch the second dvd burner, saves $27. (like paton said)

i don't really know too much about monitors, but there's an asus monitor right above the one you had selected that would save you $40 and it's also a 24'' 1080p monitor.

Positive again proved that the Cyberpower is very competive...... As he also forgot an OS.. add $99 to his $2200.

Dual 5850s is a waste though at such low res. So, you can take off 260ish from that too.

Pos....... 1000W is overkill on even xfire 5850s... 700-850W max.

Mk, i bumped down the Power Supply. I chose most of the (Venom OC Levels Certified) stuff because I chose 10% OC, and I just wanted to be safe. I researched all the GTX's for a while and came to the conclusion that the 470 was my favorite, i'll be playing FPS's like MW2, COD4, BC2 and probably Dragon Age Origins for and RPG since it looks pretty good, basically I just play the best & newest games out there pretty much. When I get into a game I really like I play it non-stop, find a clan, play in leagues and stuff like that, so i'm pretty hardcore when it comes to that. I also was looking through the AMD Hex-Core processors, but on CyperPower you can't OC on those.

As long as CyberPower doesn't mess with the BIOS you can overclock yourself. I wouldn't pay them to build my PC but if I did I wouldn't pay them to overclock it. Overclocking is something you can do yourself without taking the PC apart. If you can follow guides you can overclock (last week I knew nothing about i7 overclocking, but this week I'm running ~4.1GHz at 215x19 multiplier, tweaked voltages and RAM). If you want to overclock just make sure you get a good cooler put in, either a large air cooler or some type of water cooling (I have a Corsair H50 self-contained water cooler in mine).

To overclock an i7 10% is no big feat, the thing can hit 3.1-3.2GHz on the stock cooler pretty easily without any major tweaking (just upping BCLK). A 20% overclock is better but I got mine all the way up to 3.8 stable on my H50 before I had to do anything with the multipliers.

That's what i was thinking, but it is only $10 on CyberPower. I would like to try it myself though. Yeah, i'm leaning towards just going with a simple watercooling system. Would you recommend still selecting all the Venom OC Certified parts? They're a little extra, but they must be a little higher quality.

I'd get the OC parts but I'd OC them on your own. You'll need a big air cooler or a water cooler if you really want to OC, but with good cooling you should hit 4GHz easily on a 920 or 930. I'm using a Corsair H50 water cooler, it's self contained and closed loop but it works well. A full custom water cooling setup is better but more expensive and you run the risk of leaky pipes if you aren't careful. A large air cooler would work too, but I don't like the idea of a big heavy metal weight hanging off my motherboard as I transport my computer from home to school and back and a large air cooler may put too much stress on the board. My i7 never exceeds 65C with my 4GHz setup (1.3000V BIOS, 1.264-1.28 under load with Load Line Calibration at level 1). On the stock air cooler it ran 70-75C and I couldn't get it past 3.2GHz without breaking 75C or making it unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom