Custom or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
I have a friend who is telling me that getting a computer from Dell, HP, or Gateway are faster than custom built computers. Now to me I think custom are better, since you have an unlocked BIOS, better for upgrades, and room for better cooling. So I want to get you guys point of view, which is better a Gateway or Custom???

Custom. But anything is better than a Gateway ;). The prebuilts are good for average users, who just need a computer. But if you're looking to actually do stuff with your PC, then Customs are the way to go (usually cheaper anyway). You also get longer than a year warranty on most parts (HDD for instance: SeaGates have 5 year warranty; if you wre to get it from HP, it'd still only have a 1 year).

Well, first off, even Dell or HP is better than a Gateway.
But of course, custom is the best.

But, if your friend wants a pre built, for non-gaming, tell him to go Dell or HP.

Custom. But anything is better than a Gateway ;). The prebuilts are good for average users, who just need a computer. But if you're looking to actually do stuff with your PC, then Customs are the way to go (usually cheaper anyway). You also get longer than a year warranty on most parts (HDD for instance: SeaGates have 5 year warranty; if you wre to get it from HP, it'd still only have a 1 year).

The exception would be gateway lcd's...well the new hd series, they're simply beautiful in design and display quality. I thought id never buy anything gateway...but when i saw this screen i was blown way.

Theyre also in the recommended pc parts thread, under high end.

For the same price as a higher end Pre built you can build a way higher end desktop. You also get to use whatever parts you want instead of a lit with a couple of overpriced options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom