Custom Built vs. Pre-built vs. Gaming laptop. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a little help from my uncle i built my first custom gaming PC and it was a like at least £300($500) cheaper then if i went on say cyberpowerpc or something.

The only good deal i have seen for custom built PC's is from an English component site computer hardware, components, systems and peripherals at the lowest prices from IT supplier Aria Technology. Although they do not advertise it much, they used to but it;s not mentioned on the main page any more, they will actually build a computer to your spec(basically what is in your basket) for £55. One of my friends used this site, they didn't install the OS but they did install all the drivers for the hardware and built it and everything, also the wiring i thought was very well done, they used those zip ties and all that to make it tidy( ok maybe you wouldn't rate 10\10 cable management but it was pretty **** good i thought).

Wow thanks a lot guys, didn't expect so much feedback/help (it's my first post here)! Ill defo look into custom building, and probably get a Netbook... in the meantime I've looked thourgh higher end laptops and they're

1.****ing expensive
2. Big and heavy
3.Not upgradeable, so not future proof.

Therefore I'm not going to bother...

If I were custom building, I do NOT want to build it myself, as I know I'd manage to mess it up. Therefore should I go for something like aria.co.uk (see above post) and get them to build it or go directly through a big company that has "options". Seems to me the latter is a massive rip off, but I dont know...

Last thing noone has answered is Windows 7 worth waiting for? I know its mid 09 but I'm in no great hurry as this year I'm not going to be gaming much (exams etc.) and can live with what I have.

Its extremely hard to screw up building a pc its about 25 screws which are only used to hold things in place it takes me 30 mins to remove everything and put it back together and I have lots more components then the average user. It should take you as a new guy about an hour going slowly and patiently. Every plug only fits in the port its supposed to as they are shaped to specify. Its very hard to screw up, if your still under confident go to your local computer guy and give him $50 to build it for you.

Major companies such as dell will screw you over by using cheap components and low end components they also add rubbish software extras and lock the bios severely limiting your performance.

ya id bite the bullet and do it ur self its not as hard as u think. or just find a local guy who knows how to do it and pay him, ive put together alot of computers for people in my area and only payment i ask for is to buy me lunch while we wait for windows to install.

yea dont get it off those custom sites they add a ton of money just for putting it together.

also for windows 7, u can always just get a os now and change it to win7 later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom