Custom-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say if you didn't want to spend $1,000+ on a QX6700 (has unlocked multiplier for overclockers)i would get an extreme edition but i need to save money for my first car

You need a Q6700.. it would be better for your 9 series graphics card than the Q6600 and it isn't all that more expensive..the Q6700 also overclocks fairly well.

AS for power supply I KNOW that one "9800GX2" graphics card takes 580w of power which means you need about a 1200w power supply for SLI.im not going to use 9800GX2 SLI

Here is a link for a good CPU/MOBO combo at a cheap price:

CPU/MOBO LINK

I would go with 1200w to be safe with the 9 Series.. you don't want your PC to crash because your power supply can't keep up in an intense game..

AS for sound.. Get the Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer FITALITY sound card it is VERY cheap now days and it is the best Sound Blaster has last I checked.

ALSO:

Search TigerDirect.com And go on YouTube and view TigerDirect's videos... they can answer any of your qoestions and more...PLUS... their prices whoops NewEgg's a*s

ill go check for more combos

Graphics Card: Why Galaxy? What about EVGA, XFX, MSI & GIGABYTE?galaxy has better cooling and oc's better
HDD: What is RAID? I heard it has to be at least 2 hard drives and if one fails it will be backup in the other one.
RAM: Why 2GB if I am going with a 64-bit? sorry i ment 4 gb there.
Optical Drives: I'll just use my PS3 to watch Blu-ray. Ur the one that asked if u should get a bluray drive
Processor: Which one should I get Q6600 or Q9450? What is the difference except it has a larger cache memory, 45nm, cost more & newer?the q9450 has a lower multiplier which won't oc as well as the q6600 will
Case: What ATX Full-Tower looks nice? antec 900, lexa blackline, the new nzxt tempest...the case is really up to what u think looks nice...
Monitor: How many " should I get?well if u are going to be doing alot of things at the same time then two monitor is a good idea ex.watching a movie, writing a word document, listening to music,monitoring temps,gaming, browsing the web...

I was comparing the 9800GX2 to the card you want. 9 series cards in SLI suck up alot of power.. and with all of the other things that suck power on your pc you will probably need a good 1200w of power.. Power is one thing I would like to be safe on.

ALSO..

I am planning on getting the CoolerMaster Stacker 832 case.. It is big enough for anything you can think of and handles mods nicely.

dude u do not need a 1200w psu for 2 9600gt's,, nor do u need one for 2 9800gx2's.

yeah that what i was thinking but the 9800GX2 will give u a pretty bill

i never thought about the 2 monitors good idea but how much " should i get if i get 1 or 2 monitor

lol, dude when it says they need 580w it doesn't mean if u get 2 u need double that, it just means it recommended u have a 580w psu it doesn't use that much

well depends if u want a big monitor for gaming get a 22" or 24" and if you don't intend to ever game on the second one get like a 19"...im using a 226bw and a 17" lcd for a second monitor...

Better safe than sorry...Especially for me.. I use a heck of alot of mods and overclock alot. I will probably max overclock the two 9800GX2 SLI and my CPU..

Other note.. as far as the 9800GX2 goes..: Everything on Very High on Crysis runs at: 25 FPS Two cards in SLI runs at 41 FPS

I don't pay my power bill.. lol

One of the best monitors to get: SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1(DC 3000:1)

dude, its not being on the safe side its just wasting money that could me spent on a cpu or other things... with a 750tx a q6600 and a 9800gx2 u could oc the **** out of everything on a suicide run and it would not be the psu that would let u down... and with the 9800gx2 its not all about the wattage it uses ALOT of amps...what is it like 30.

lol, dude when it says they need 580w it doesn't mean if u get 2 u need double that, it just means it recommended u have a 580w psu it doesn't use that much

well depends if u want a big monitor for gaming get a 22" or 24" and if you don't intend to ever game on the second one get like a 19"...im using a 226bw and a 17" lcd for a second monitor...

which one is better to have 1 huge monitor or 2 monitors? which one is cheaper? and why would u play 2 game at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom