Custom-Built Desktop - Page 10 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #91 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru
 
aspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Yes you can choose to water cool whatever component you want.

Understand that CPU = Processor and GPU = Graphics card core. They are not interchangeable.
__________________

__________________
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #92 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Prototype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

opps double post

how can i delete it?
__________________

__________________
Project [PROTOTYPE] | Intel Core i7 Bloomfield
i7 920 4.4GHz | XFX 5870 Crossfire 900/1300 Mhz | EVGA E760 Classified | Windows 7 Ultimate | Logitech G5 | Logitech G15 | Silverstone Raven RV02 | Corsair 850HX
WD 640GB Black | WD 320GB External | Megahalems | G.Skill 6GB 1866 9-9-9-21

http://www.techist.com/pc/f10/project-prototype-218619/
Tech-Forums 1st 30K 3DMARK06

Intel Core i5 Lynnfield (Completed)
Prototype is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #93 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Prototype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
Yes you can choose to water cool whatever component you want.

Understand that CPU = Processor and GPU = Graphics card core. They are not interchangeable.
yeah i know im asking that

since u guys say i dont need to water cool the GPU ill just air cool them

while i water cool the CPU
__________________
Project [PROTOTYPE] | Intel Core i7 Bloomfield
i7 920 4.4GHz | XFX 5870 Crossfire 900/1300 Mhz | EVGA E760 Classified | Windows 7 Ultimate | Logitech G5 | Logitech G15 | Silverstone Raven RV02 | Corsair 850HX
WD 640GB Black | WD 320GB External | Megahalems | G.Skill 6GB 1866 9-9-9-21

http://www.techist.com/pc/f10/project-prototype-218619/
Tech-Forums 1st 30K 3DMARK06

Intel Core i5 Lynnfield (Completed)
Prototype is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #94 (permalink)
Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
 
StealthTools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA 4 EvR!
Posts: 515
Send a message via MSN to StealthTools
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Yes............

Just do not hook up or buy a water cooling thing for your GPU's.....

Just get one that hooks on to your CPU... the "Water Cooling Guru" guy can explain all that to you.. I don't know much about it..
StealthTools is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #95 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Prototype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthTools View Post
Yes............

Just do not hook up or buy a water cooling thing for your GPU's.....

Just get one that hooks on to your CPU... the "Water Cooling Guru" guy can explain all that to you.. I don't know much about it..
Ok I'm waiting for him to give me the parts I need. If not, ill just buy this one
Petra's Tech Shop
__________________
Project [PROTOTYPE] | Intel Core i7 Bloomfield
i7 920 4.4GHz | XFX 5870 Crossfire 900/1300 Mhz | EVGA E760 Classified | Windows 7 Ultimate | Logitech G5 | Logitech G15 | Silverstone Raven RV02 | Corsair 850HX
WD 640GB Black | WD 320GB External | Megahalems | G.Skill 6GB 1866 9-9-9-21

http://www.techist.com/pc/f10/project-prototype-218619/
Tech-Forums 1st 30K 3DMARK06

Intel Core i5 Lynnfield (Completed)
Prototype is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #96 (permalink)
Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
 
StealthTools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA 4 EvR!
Posts: 515
Send a message via MSN to StealthTools
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Buy that one... it is single pass and is for your CPU.. and it has the radiator to cool the liquid..... it has everything you need and is a quality product... if you are going for watercooling.. get that one.
StealthTools is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #97 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Prototype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthTools View Post
Buy that one... it is single pass and is for your CPU.. and it has the radiator to cool the liquid..... it has everything you need and is a quality product... if you are going for watercooling.. get that one.
how much does it cost extra to water cool the 2 GPUs with that set up? How much increase in speed can I get in the GPU. I wanna try to get high scores in all the tests.
__________________
Project [PROTOTYPE] | Intel Core i7 Bloomfield
i7 920 4.4GHz | XFX 5870 Crossfire 900/1300 Mhz | EVGA E760 Classified | Windows 7 Ultimate | Logitech G5 | Logitech G15 | Silverstone Raven RV02 | Corsair 850HX
WD 640GB Black | WD 320GB External | Megahalems | G.Skill 6GB 1866 9-9-9-21

http://www.techist.com/pc/f10/project-prototype-218619/
Tech-Forums 1st 30K 3DMARK06

Intel Core i5 Lynnfield (Completed)
Prototype is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #98 (permalink)
Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
 
StealthTools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA 4 EvR!
Posts: 515
Send a message via MSN to StealthTools
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

If you want to do all that then buy better hardware... watercooling doesn't do anything but give you a little more performance out of your CPU....and yea.. it makes no noise.. Alot of people here including me will get higher 3dmark06 scores than you and it makes no difference! as long as you can play the games you want to, who cares?

ask "the watercooling guru" for info on those other setups... though you don't need to watercool your GPU's I overclocked mine I am not kidding as high as I could possibly get it without physically breaking it and turned the stock fan on high and it performs well but after 4 hours in Crysis it gets too hot.

There is no way in heck you will ever need that kind of power and you do not need to watercool your GPU's.. you can overclock them reasonably perfectly fine without them overheading the slightest bit!

Plus your GPU's I hear you are getting TWO!!!! in SLI!!!!! for God's sake man!!! that is more than enough power to Kick the living heck out of anything you put up against them EXCEPT maybe Crysis.. and if you wanted to own Crysis go out and buy two 9800GX2 cards...
StealthTools is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #99 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,601
Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Petra's Tech Shop

this is a great kit (it comes with everything yo need) this is the system that aspire recommended for me that I'm getting in 1.5 months...
__________________
3770K @ 4.7 Ghz H100 Water Cooled | GTX 970 MSI Gold Edition SLI
32GB G.Skill RipJaws (Rendering/ Virtualization) | Corsair 650D | CORSAIR RM1000W w/ White Cable KIt
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD Boot | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD Secondary | WD Black 1 TB | WD Green 3 TB
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Luke is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #100 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Prototype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Custom-Built Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthTools View Post
If you want to do all that then buy better hardware... watercooling doesn't do anything but give you a little more performance out of your CPU....and yea.. it makes no noise.. Alot of people here including me will get higher 3dmark06 scores than you and it makes no difference! as long as you can play the games you want to, who cares?

ask "the watercooling guru" for info on those other setups... though you don't need to watercool your GPU's I overclocked mine I am not kidding as high as I could possibly get it without physically breaking it and turned the stock fan on high and it performs well but after 4 hours in Crysis it gets too hot.

There is no way in heck you will ever need that kind of power and you do not need to watercool your GPU's.. you can overclock them reasonably perfectly fine without them overheading the slightest bit!

Plus your GPU's I hear you are getting TWO!!!! in SLI!!!!! for God's sake man!!! that is more than enough power to Kick the living heck out of anything you put up against them EXCEPT maybe Crysis.. and if you wanted to own Crysis go out and buy two 9800GX2 cards...
i know while i was taking a shower i was thinking of getting better hardware cz of water cooling. let me think today about my budget and ill tell u guys tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke992006 View Post
Petra's Tech Shop

this is a great kit (it comes with everything yo need) this is the system that aspire recommended for me that I'm getting in 1.5 months...
yeah i already know b1gapl told me that one
__________________

__________________
Project [PROTOTYPE] | Intel Core i7 Bloomfield
i7 920 4.4GHz | XFX 5870 Crossfire 900/1300 Mhz | EVGA E760 Classified | Windows 7 Ultimate | Logitech G5 | Logitech G15 | Silverstone Raven RV02 | Corsair 850HX
WD 640GB Black | WD 320GB External | Megahalems | G.Skill 6GB 1866 9-9-9-21

http://www.techist.com/pc/f10/project-prototype-218619/
Tech-Forums 1st 30K 3DMARK06

Intel Core i5 Lynnfield (Completed)
Prototype is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wher is the best place to sell Custom built computer? Pain53 New Systems | Building and Buying 20 02-28-2008 07:44 AM
HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen cvocvo Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 1 12-31-2007 01:21 AM
friends really bad log..needs some major help here. Static_11 HijackThis Logs (finished) 17 12-07-2007 09:44 AM
Intel Readies Desktop Penryn Models maroon1 New Systems | Building and Buying 2 08-30-2007 01:50 PM
Help:Perfect custom built computer ZeeLex New Systems | Building and Buying 17 04-05-2007 12:21 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.