Custom Build...Comments/help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WakaWakaWoo

Solid State Member
Im thinking of making my new computer finally........
here are some specs......
any comments or reccomendations are greatly appreciated

THANKS!

Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BNSB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready

Turtle Beach TBS-3300-01 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Montego DDL Sound Card - Retail

KINGWIN Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S 1000W ATX / BTX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified

OCZ Gold 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Quad kit Desktop Memory Model

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

ASUS Crosshair II Formula AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor Model

Where are you purchasing from? Newegg.com if online is a great place.

What are you going to be using this PC for? The reason I ask is because 8GB of ram is a lot, you will be able to save some bucks there if you don't need it.

Also, 1000w is overkill for your system...you could step it down to a 650w and save some cash, or a 750w if you plan on buying a second 4870 down the road. My two pennies..

yea im purchasing from newegg.....
im gonna use 4-6 gigs of RAM i just ordered 8 cause my moms computer needs some more ram

yea i was thinkign 1000W might be alot so around like 750 should be good?

Man I would rework that build when taking a second look at it. Could save you a ton of money...

Get this mobo instead, cheaper and will fit you just fine: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

You could also switch that ram and get 4gb for yourself and 4gb for your mom by buying two sets of these (while saving cash also):

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK - Desktop Memory

That PSU brand is a little iffy, I would stick with a good quality brand like Corsair. It is much cheaper too. Really you could get away with 550w just fine, but if you were moving up to dual cards down the road then I would look at something more powerful.

550w: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Or if you wanted to keep it modular: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Just some ideas to throw around. I have the motherboard and processor and they are both really great. I also have the 550w Corsair and it does the job real well. A modular PSU is kick *** though so it's up to you.

kk yea ill take a look cat the mobo

good idea with them ram im prob gonna end up doing that!!

and ok i was just thinking i might be doing alot of OC'ing so i wanted ot make sure i ahd enough power but if u say that aorund 550 is a good amouint hen ill prob just go with that for my PSU

thanks man!

Yeah the Corsair 550 is fine.

Your welcome :) now buy, receive, build, and post a build log so we can see how it turned out:D

hahaaha def def :) :)

as my own little side project im building my own little supercomputer cluster for under $1700

it has 52.1 Ghz of AWSEOME POWER!!!.......as s start hahaah when i OC it........only god ((((or a burn-out))) will stop me
haha

so far the MAIN specs are

ASRock K10N78M AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX

^^^^^^^
4 of those

and 16 gigs of ram

Make sure not to double post, use the edit button next time...makes for a cleaner forum :)

I do not know much about super computers...but make sure and do a work blog of that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom