Current Rig seeking upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
This is a future project, something minor you know? Seeing how quickly my AMD 4000+ dropped in price, i'am thinking of another processor. right now, iam really into multi tasking. kind of like, having a game like Guild Wars open, with media player, chat program, two messengers and a few windows as well as a do***ent.

but, keep in mind, my pc is going past my expectations but, i'd like to stay current. does anyone have a suggestion? i have the Asus SLI A8N motherboard, i read at the site that there are a plethora of processors to choose from. any that out-perform mine or would go past my current needs?

Perhaps another gig of RAM, a 4400+ X2 or higher, and, if you want more gaming performance, a matching 7600GT for SLI?

Hm, the corsair ram i got isn't dual channel, i heard or, read that it's better performance at dual channel, i was looking for a way around the SLi, but i will try it. perhaps an upgrade from the 7600? but i will definately look into the 4400 that seems pretty choice amongst peeps here.

I'm pretty sure if you pop in a matching stick of that same Corsair RAM, it'll run dual-channel.

And I'd suggest waiting for DirectX 10 cards to come out before you upgrade that graphics card to go for more high end.

Don't bother going sli unless you have a big monitor (>21"). Sli is better if you game at high res with a big monitor. Just get a better card, like 7900gt if you don't wanna wait for a DX10 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom