Current build (in progress) questions, And other questions I need finalized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
Ok here is the lowdown on what I'm doing, I'm building this:

Fixt your links... :) - Ethereal_Dragon

Already Bought
-------------------
(case)
RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP|89.99
(Cpu)
Core 2 Duo E6300|187.00
(Dvd/cd/drive)
LITE-ON LH-18A1P-186|31.99
=$308.98

Need to get
-------------------
(video Card)
GeForce 7600GS|132.99
(Hard Drive)
Western Digital WD3200KS 320GB|89.99
(Memory)
OCZ Gold (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800|228.99
(Mobo)
GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 LGA 775|134.99
(heat Sink)
ZALMAN CNPS9500|53.99
(Os)
(Still need but waiting til vista comes out so I can get Xp a little cheaper)

=$640.95

Want
--------------------
(New Headset)
eDimensional Audio FX|39.99
(New Psu)
HIPER HPU-4K580-MS ATX12V v2.2 580W|89.99

A few things I would like to know before I buy the rest would be this.

1. The Heat sink that I want is all nice and quiet but the stock fan that came with the intel cpu looks tempting to stay with and I'm trying to save some money because im only 14 and it comes buy scarcely. So should I still stay with the one I chose or stay with the stock fan?
2. The timing on the memory is 5-5-5-12 and the mobo says: Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets. Will I have to configure anything before I put these in??? ( I really need to know this) Because I might need to get my friends ddr2 memory to configure this.
3. the hard drive is sata and I want to know if its compatible with my mobo.
4. This might sound stupid but is the video card compatible with the mobo? I think it is but just checking.

I would really be greatful to everyone that can help me. Please answer this and not just pass it up I really need some answers here. Thank you.

Some of your links don't work.

Go with the 7600GT instead - faster and cheaper. There is an eVga for $100.

Make sure you get a better PSU first (links dead for new one)

Memory will work fine depending on the motherboard (dead link)

If you want to Overclock or run a quiet PC, an aftermarket Heatsink is worth it (dead link)

All of the Core 2 Duo boards that I've seen have SATA so you should have no problem with that.

hmm, i am not sure you are aware that cheaper DX10 cards are coming out soon. Right now they only have two out, and they are $500+.. pretty soon they will have some out that are suited for everybody's budget.

I would strongly suggest you wait for the cheaper models of the g80 to come out, that way you wont have to upgrade your graphics card in the near future to play some of the newer games.

Im not sure when, but you can check google and see.

turtile said:
Some of your links don\'t work.

Go with the 7600GT instead - faster and cheaper. There is an eVga for $100.

Make sure you get a better PSU first (links dead for new one)

Memory will work fine depending on the motherboard (dead link)

If you want to Overclock or run a quiet PC, an aftermarket Heatsink is worth it (dead link)

All of the Core 2 Duo boards that I\'ve seen have SATA so you should have no problem with that.

As I said if you enter those links into google and search it it will bring up the exact link and product. So if you want to see those dead links you will need to do that.

I\'m on a school computer atm and cant search many things but if someone could jump in and tell me if it will come out before April because thats when my birthday is and when I get money. Btw what are the price ranges on these puppies??? *prays* Please don\'t be too pricey.

The whole line of 8xxx cards will be out on the market by April as well as the high end cards from AMD/ATI. (maybe March release)

The motherboard will handle the memory fine.

If you aren't getting the system by April, you shouldn't start looking for components now. Many things can change in a few months.

turtile said:
The whole line of 8xxx cards will be out on the market by April as well as the high end cards from AMD/ATI. (maybe March release)

The motherboard will handle the memory fine.

If you aren't getting the system by April, you shouldn't start looking for components now. Many things can change in a few months.

Yeah I know thats why I am waiting on the graphics card but for the mean time I don't think the memory and cpu will be outdated so fast.

ok not bad..... ok try tigerdirectr for that 7600gs, its 70 after a slight rebate, thing it's xfx which has a heatsink not a fan, ur mobo is sweet, but there is a more bulky cooler that is things cooler, way cooler its called the tuniq tower 300 (oh wait i forgot to add that to my sig lemme change that) and ways i believe it was 85$ on tigerdirect, anyways it keeps my e4300 to a cool 45 degrees, 29-35 degrees if i hadn't oc'd

Ok cool cool. I think that what im going to do is get all those parts that I have listed but hold back on the graphics card and use the intergrated graphics (I know what your thinking) to get xp installed and then later on get a Dx10 card:p

I have a question...

If I buy a Direct x 10 card will I be able to play the games for windows games without buying vista? Because vista downright sucks. I don\\\'t plan to go vista til the time comes because iv\\\'e read so many reviews on why not to switch and one includes steam issues which I already have enough of...

BTW THANKS FOR FIXING THE LINKZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom