Crysis - Hands on...for those, wondering if they can run it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Every sane person is wondering how all this is going to run on their system. We asked Cevat Yerli, Crytek CEO, what gamers with a limited budget should buy to make sure they can play Crysis well, and his first answer was two gigs of RAM. The single gig most of us have is going to struggle with environments of this size, and with this much smashable stuff to keep track of. Next on the shopping list is, predictably, a GeForce 8800 - but the GTS model in that range is fairly affordable, and not a huge step down from the GTX. The surprising part is that Cevat says a Core 2 Duo E6600 processor is enough to run Crysis on Ultra High settings with that setup. That chip is likely to undergo another price drop before Crysis comes out, too, so don't rush.

If you don't have any of these things and you need a new motherboard too, you're still looking at a hefty layout, but to play at max settings this seems surprisingly reasonable to us. Well, not quite max settings. Crysis actually has graphical features built in that no PC available this year will be able to make use of. Cevat estimates it'll be 18 months after release before technology catches up with his game. They put these features in partly to keep Crysis current after release - they say it'll be the best-looking game for the next three years - but also, let's face it, because they're enormous graphics geeks.

Games Radar - XBOX 360 previews - Crysis - Hit below the fan belt

"
Senior Game Designer Bernd Diemer discovered that he could grab a fallen tree and hold it in front of him to become completely invisible to the AI. This tactic is frowned upon in the real military as unsporting, so it had to be tactfully explained to the AI that a walking tree is deeply suspicious.
"

Lol...

^ That reminds me, of those cartoons that take a cardboard bush and walk behind it, to disguise themselves.

Most people got caught up in wondering what specs would need to play it on variable settings.

But has anyone stoped and wondered how big the game actually is?
Farcry took 5 CD's to install and is around 3 GB on the HD. So this game has to be between 5 and 8 GB's...

lol....I can see people with this game, not actually playing the game....but playing around the level shooting trees in halves, shooting their name in the dirt, picking up sticks and the chickens, appreciating the scenery, one...two...buckle my shoe, etc...

"
Senior Game Designer Bernd Diemer discovered that he could grab a fallen tree and hold it in front of him to become completely invisible to the AI. This tactic is frowned upon in the real military as unsporting, so it had to be tactfully explained to the AI that a walking tree is deeply suspicious.
"

Lol...

lmao, that's freaking hilarious! Just imagining that is making me laugh :-D The wording definitely helps it be even funnier :)

This game certainly is going to be interesting.... anyone want to guess how many patches there are going to be in the first few months?

Most people got caught up in wondering what specs would need to play it on variable settings.

But has anyone stoped and wondered how big the game actually is?
Farcry took 5 CD's to install and is around 3 GB on the HD. So this game has to be between 5 and 8 GB's...

I don't think space is really a concern for the developers...if you've got a e6600 and a 8800 card then 10gb of space shouldn't be a concern. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom