Crysis and the 226bw

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the beta is out huh, I was gona download it from phazedll.com but I wasn't sure. I'll have to check it out tonight. Hopefully see how good it runs on me mid ranged system.

you get 40-60? I get solid 60 unless I get blown up (doesn't matter then) in Quake 4, same card, mines clocked at 600/900 though, don't forget that theres a fps cap default so you might actually be able to get higher :p

Well you're talking about Quake 4. In Quake 4 I'm at the 60fps constantly, thanks to that **** cap.

I was talking about Quake Wars Demo, for the new Quake Wars game, I take it you havent heard of it?

Well you're talking about Quake 4. In Quake 4 I'm at the 60fps constantly, thanks to that **** cap.

I was talking about Quake Wars Demo, for the new Quake Wars game, I take it you havent heard of it?

I cant even launch the demo...

Fatal Error: Sys_DefaultUserPath: SHGetFolderPath on CSIDL_PERSONAL failed

ETQW 1.0.10745.32242 win-x86 Sep 5 2007 19:07:12
2399 MHz Intel CPU with MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3
2 logical CPUs
2 physical CPUs
HT not available
2048 MB System Memory
320 MB Video Memory
Initializing performance queries
Winsock Initialized
Found interface: {5C1B781A-BBF1-4DB1-8B99-8942201F36D1} NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - 130.111.241.17/255.255.255.128
Sys_InitNetworking: adding loopback interface
ETQW using MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 for SIMD processing
enabled Flush-To-Zero mode
enabled Denormals-Are-Zero mode
FATAL ERROR: Sys_DefaultUserPath: SHGetFolderPath on CSIDL_PERSONAL failed
--------------- BSE Shutdown ----------------
---------------------------------------------
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...releasing DC
...shutting down QGL
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Shutting down performance queries
Sys_DefaultUserPath: SHGetFolderPath on CSIDL_PERSONAL failed

Anything over 30fps should is great enough for gaming. **** 20 fps is decent but anything lower will you will start noticing it. Like Flight Sim X *shrugs* i only get 30~35 fps with max settings and with anti off! But then again, its flight sim.

Anything over 30fps should is great enough for gaming. **** 20 fps is decent but anything lower will you will start noticing it. Like Flight Sim X *shrugs* i only get 30~35 fps with max settings and with anti off! But then again, its flight sim.

I have to disagree...if your playing a First person shooter 40FPS is the bare minimum for good gameplay for me. I prefer to only play with 50+ honestly. In CoD2 i set my settings so I gert at least 65+ because I notice a difference.

30FPS in an RPG is acceptable though.

I have to disagree...if your playing a First person shooter 40FPS is the bare minimum for good gameplay for me. I prefer to only play with 50+ honestly. In CoD2 i set my settings so I gert at least 65+ because I notice a difference.

30FPS in an RPG is acceptable though.

Agreed, I need a very high frame rate otherwise it bothers me and I hate it. I would say high 40's would be lowest for me.

30 fps? Ugg I don't think I could look at the screen at 30 fps and not get dizzy. Since most LCD's cap at 75 fps, thats basically the highest everyone see's now days, and I personally thing its still too low. Can't wait till they come out with a cheap 100+ hz LCD, would be so much better for gaming.

30 fps? Ugg I don't think I could look at the screen at 30 fps and not get dizzy. Since most LCD's cap at 75 fps, thats basically the highest everyone see's now days, and I personally thing its still too low. Can't wait till they come out with a cheap 100+ hz LCD, would be so much better for gaming.

Why not just turn off vsync?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom