CRUD I just got a scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Putting together a new I7 build for a friend and he dropped off over $1200 worth of stuff but no power supply, He has it in his current system and I told him I'd get it set up with the one from my other PC wich I haven't even used in a month or so, So I transfer it over getting ready to install windows and see the lights on the MB are lit up so I push the power botton and well????NOTHING SO I power it off recheck all the connections and try again.....NOTHING DOH this is not looking good at this point, now I start thinking back to a problem I had with my other system when it wouldn't boot like this and when I hit the reset botton on the MB it booted right up, I thought the MB was croaking, So I now check all the wires on the 24 pin and all look good but still nothing. NOW I'm scared his $1200 play toy is going to need an RMA but before I throw in the towel I pulled a PS out of a lower end system (my brother system if you must know, Just don't tell him OK) and plugged every thing I could with all the adapters I could find and came up short one connector so the DVD get no power this time around and what do you know, It boots right up??? So now I need a new PS for my other system and there are no good deals going at the EGG atm There has to be a break in the wire that send the signal to tell it to power on because when I hit the reset on the MB on my system it boots right up and powers every thing fine, Just won't boot up with the power botton for whatever reason. It had a decent life in my main system for while and in the second system for some time too so I guess it's time to upgrade. Just don't know what to get because I don't want to pay for a corsair like my main system but don't want too cheap either. If you know of any with a good sale right now let me know. At least the I7 seem good hehe, He's looking forward to this thing.

Dauntae

Got the 650TX in my main system, The other can use up to the Q9650 with 1333 FSB but only has a Pent D in it with a ATI 4670 (I think, don't remember ATM)so high end isn't really needed, Thanks for the link anyway.

Dauntae

Pos there right, was the first thing I checked and did boot right up on a low end PS this one is doing it on 2 different pc,s

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom