Crossfire Vs. SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanitystealer

Baseband Member
Is crossfire worth waiting for?

I currently plan on buying a 7800 GTX, but I want to have the longest lasting highest performing GFX as possible.

I've read that crossfire will perform better than SLI due to its checkering of GPU load (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=r...spx?ArticleId=14474&ei=BsAUQ6PqL5mq-gHVtaiGDg),
but I will be buyinh only one card right now and buying another in a few months.

Is the r580 or whatever worth waiting for?

When are the release dates on crossfire and the new ATI cards?

Thanks!!

R520 really, but for me i would go with the 7800GTX cause they are better then all of ATi cards combinded. not sure of the R520s i still think nvidia is going to do better

Well, from the latest word about ATI r520's they will be 16 pipelines not 24 or 32. But, the cores are supposed to be between 700Mhz & 800Mhz. Which will be a considerable performance boost over the current x800 series.

The r580's are supposed to have 24 or 32 pipelines, but intil ATI irons out all of the problems thye are having with the pipes, i'm guessing that it could be a few more months until we see those.

The 7800GTX was some what of a let down to a lot of people seeing as it doesn't provide a large performance upgrade from the 6800 series.
But, it's still a damn good GFX card.

Both 7800 series and r520-r580 series will last at least 3-4 years worth of quality gaming... IMO... pick one and game your ass off... lol

the 7800GTX doesnt work very well cause most games wont work cause the 7800GTX gives to much power

All the reviews and benchmarks I have read list the 7800GTX as having better performance than two 6800's in SLI.....

Too much power? Does that even make any sense?

sanitystealer said:
All the reviews and benchmarks I have read list the 7800GTX as having better performance than two 6800's in SLI.....

Too much power? Does that even make any sense?

where did u see that?

SLId 6800s Hit 21000 in 3D Mark03
SLId 7800s Hit 26000 " " " "

but in single the 7800 only hits 16000, that is only 3000 more than a single 6800. as u can see, a single 7800 hits nowhere near 2 SLId 6800s.

I'm not gonna lie, lol, I don't remember where I read that. I remember reading it somwhere, but with the specs you posted, I can tell that I was way off target there :p lol..

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom