crossfire vs sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
I was going to build a new system pretty soon, and was wondering which would perform better in the long run, and has best bang for the buck. Isn't it right that in crossfire you don't have to have the same card? so if a better card came along you could just pop it in with your old one and be good to go on the next gen? correct me if i'm wrong. but I've also heard CF dosn't work as good as SLI performance wise. Let me know your opinions.

Nah thats wrong, Crossfire normally scales better than SLI, but the 9600gt changed that

Only the 9600gt in SLI scales well (90% extra performance from 1 card)

If you put two different cards in Crossfire it scales more towards the weaker card (Crossfire used to scale 70% but with the 9600gt scaling at 90% depending on the game, it scales better now, the rest scale at 40% extra though)

What resolution do you run. Dual card setups are not ideal for most users....you may be better off with 1 more powerful card.

What resolution do you run. Dual card setups are not ideal for most users....you may be better off with 1 more powerful card.

I agree....so many games dont even support it. My buddy has to disable it alot, because it messes games up.

I guess it would be great for benchmark scores, or a particular game of choice, if it works correctly....but for most people it is just a big pain in the butt, and just one powerful card would be MOST people's best option.

oh ok, I'm most usually be playing at 1076 or 1200 max, so I guess 1 card would be enough

I hope your playing your games at your screens default resolution.

I know so many people that didn't know what I was talking 'bout when I told 'em to put the game on the same resolution as their screen. :rolleyes:

yea i have an old crt and my max resolution is 1280x1024 75hz, so i couldn't go over than anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom