Crossfire Setup = ~2 9600 GTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I'm looking into checking out a nice ATI/AMD setup... so whats the equivalent of dual 9600 GTs in the ATI arena?

Any motherboard recommendations?

Also, do you need two x16 PCI-E slots for a crossfire setup? Can you use a second 8x or 4x slot or will tehre be a big performance decrease?

EDIT:

oh and a tag-a-long question... can I buy Tygon R-3603 tubing at any brick and mortar stores? I live in Northern Virginia if that helps... I have no idea where to start looking

and thus, can you get the tubing from a university? my sister's over at UVA and could buy some for me if they would sell it at their science departments

I can only imagine 2x 3870s in CF, because the next higher up is obvious.

You don't need two x16 slots for CF to work.

For the motherboard recommendation, I guess it depends on the budget.

I don't want the DK series because its only got a 4 phase power regulator

I'm looking for a motherboard around ~150 to 200, preferably lower

On another note... Any cheap good overclocking SLI mobos? I might try and get a EVGA 680i A1 off ebay

9600GT in SLI scales very well, it performs as good as HD3870 crossfire if not better

Check this review
GeForce 9600 GT vs. Radeon HD 3870 - TechSpot

When running 4xAA, 9600GT SLI outperforms HD3870 in Crossfire in almost all cases.

There is no reason to turn AA off if you buy an SLI or crossfire setup. So, there is no reason to compare them with no AA enabled.

Maybe Crysis is the only game that you will not able to run AA, but according to this review 9600GT in SLI does perform as good as 2x HD3870 even without running AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom